YAY!! Lilly layed her eggs tonight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayl55

Juvie Member
Yay!! I am soo excited, I was worried for a bit that she was egg bound, but I guess she was jsut taking her time. She layed 25!!! 2 dont look so healthy, they have the embryo spot, but they feel watery rather than like stiff jelly. But the rest feel and look great! I'm soo excited. They sould vbe very prety babies. They are teh result of a sucessful breeding of Tank and Lilly.
heres some pics!
Lilly :)
010-Copy2.jpg

Tank
001.jpg

Lilly and Tank
030-Copy.jpg

pregnant Lilly
018.jpg

Lilly laying her eggs
006.jpg

And hopefully the next pics will be of 25 happy and healthy little baby beardies!!! wish me luck!

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks again.. awwww...my poor Lilly, she looks like a wet skinny rat now. LOL. but shes eating lik crazy, so hopefully she'll put the weight back on pretty fast. She looks soo much cuter with a bit of chub.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Ok cool, just asking. My girl bred a little over a week ago and is all ready showing a big belly. She not showing any signs yet of digging.

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lol, yea Lilly got a big belly pretty quick too.. and by the 2nd week you could start to feel the little lumps. by the third week, she looks liek shes about to burst...though some draggons you cant feel the eggs, and it jsut feels liek a tight jelly belly. but i suggest not to palpate to much, cause you could possibly damage teh eggs.and I dont know for sure but I owuld guess its notto comfortable when someone is pushign on yoru already sore and swolen belly... Lilly lost her appetite in teh last 4 days before she laid her eggs too... so be prepared for the eggs once yoru girls appetite goes down adn she starts diging like crazy

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Ok cool, ya im not going to push on her belly, i just give her nice warm baths and lots of food :D I got her box ready when she becomes ready :D.

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well, good luck and have fun, its alot of fun breeding beardies..especially when teh little ones start to hatch.

hayl55

Juvie Member
Original Poster
actually I think what really helped stimulate Lilly to lay was I gave a very warm bath, I wasnt going to make it that warm/hot, but as I was pouring it she kept trying to go where teh water was warmest, so I made it a bit hot and she LOVED it. and right after she soaked up al that heat, she started to dig her hole and lay.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
Yep i can't wait for the eggs, sense this is her first time breeding i know they eggs might not be good so im fine with that. thanks again :D

and ya they love really warm baths :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bre2236
Top Bottom