Worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
If I get small Phoenix worms with the plan of feeding a couple a day (leaving them in with the salad) would I still need to dust crickets?? I plan on feeding crickets twice a day still. Our beardie is just a baby.

First of all small Phoenix worms are too small. My baby tackled large Phoenix worms when he was 9in. They're also soft bodied so risks of impaction is very little.

2nd, Yes. Crickets ALWAYS have to be dusted. I'm not sure how much calcium dusting adds but the CA:pH ratio of crickets is 1:18 and ideal CA:pH intake for beardies is 1.5:1

SammieLee

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
WoolyMarmot":3n0tb3lo said:
First of all small Phoenix worms are too small. My baby tackled large Phoenix worms when he was 9in. They're also soft bodied so risks of impaction is very little.

2nd, Yes. Crickets ALWAYS have to be dusted. I'm not sure how much calcium dusting adds but the CA:pH ratio of crickets is 1:18 and ideal CA:pH intake for beardies is 1.5:1

Here is a pic. to show how small my beardie is..I'm guessing you measure to the tip of there tall...so around 5in. He really didn't feel like laying still to be measured :)
910.jpg

He is tiny still. So what size should I get him?? med??

I dunno if I could still say Med, he looks really tiny haha.

Smalls are half the size of a penny and the mediums are 3/4 of it. Hold a penny on top of his head and see for yourself. It must be the length between his eyes.

anc90

Hatchling Member
I would get smalls first. He's very tiny!! Of course if your also going to feed crickets along with your worms they should be dusted as you usually would!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom