Witblits babies hatching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
A great person (my father, may god rest his soul) once told me when i was young " MONEY DOES NOT BUY LOVE" i live my life by this and my kids lives by this things that can truly make you happy dont cost a thing. I dont think i could every put a price on my first dragon, hes the one who has got me to the addict i am today. I really dont think things like the money being made she be posted for children to see.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
pudden318":0997c said:
A great person (my father, may god rest his soul) once told me when i was young " MONEY DOES NOT BUY LOVE" i live my life by this and my kids lives by this things that can truly make you happy dont cost a thing. I dont think i could every put a price on my first dragon, hes the one who has got me to the addict i am today. I really dont think things like the money being made she be posted for children to see.

Yeah same with me Dr. Evil will be with me till he dies of old age. he is my love he opened this world for me.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Let's all please remember to try to keep our comments polite.I see some are starting to get a bit out of hand and dont want to see this spiral out of control.Debate,discuss and enjoy just be polite.Thanks.

Jacques O'Dell

Original Poster
Yes I must say it is spiralling a bit.... It is quite hard to say I am "just breeding them for the money" Brian. I love my animals. Otherwise I would not have had them for 7 years (beardies only). Got my first reptile when I was 6 (19 years ago...) Oh I think I love them. Oh then there is also the fact that I am a veterinarian. Yes I think I love animals... So do not make silly comments that you know nothing about. I am open to opinions and comments about the dragons because that is a personal choice but stating that someone doesn't love their animals and are only in it for the money is a bit far off especialy because you don't know me or haven't seen my animals. The reality is yes they are hell expensive, yes I make money from them. It is however quite a blessing because these dragons pay for my varsity loan of the past 7 years... Hey what can I say. Nothing better to make money. Nothing better than doing what you love. Yeez imagine combining the two... That is what I am doing. Breeding cool dragons, making money, and loving everything moment of it. That is happiness!

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Jacques O'Dell":48deb said:
Thats all fair Brian. I am not able to reply every day but try to get to it. I except all comments and questions and I am realy not offended by anything nor am I even close to mad. Why be mad? I am the lucky one whom was blessed with an awesome morph and now I am making thousands from them. No reason to be mad this side... Life's good.
Since you want to respond directly to me let me point out this post you made. How does that not boil down to you only breeding them cause you are and i quote "making thousands on them".

I personally do not care if you are a world class geneticist or a vet or a street bum. Your job has no bearing on your statements here and your obvious breeding practices. Practices that you do not have to use unless you want to shortcut to a morph. Anyway, I am finished with you, your silly dragons, and this thread. Please do not PM me again. Thanks.

Jacques O'Dell

Original Poster
Hey guys. I just want to appologise to the people that are upset about my posts! My intention was not to start a huge debate here but merely to try and educate you guys more about this morph. I am not going to make any more posts here bacause several people have made this a personal thing. If you have any questions regarding these dragons please contact me via email or pm and I will respond most happily. The reality is that these dragons will remain expensive and will remain happy... Greetings.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Ive been reading along.
Price is the price.
Supply vs demand.
Somewhere someone will pay it.
If thats the case for you J Godbless, and congrats.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok that is quite enough.The next post that is demeaning to anyone will be issued a warning and/or ban and the thread will be locked.We are adults here and should have the ability to control our statements.The OP has the right to start a thread without being bashed.The members have the right to learn about this topic and decide for themselved what to do with the information.If you do not like or question the information given you can POLITELY ask for clarity or simply remove yourself from the topic of conversation all together.As for the cost portion of this discussion, Jacques has the right as the breeder to ask whatever price he sees fit just as we have the right to refuse purchase due to price or any other factor. There will be no more discussion in regards to cost.

koiboydavid

Hatchling Member
The few individuals over here willing to invest in new morphs realize and understand the difference between genotype and phenotype. Its all in the genes and they value this and will pay accordingly. Congrats Jacques!

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Do you have any pictures of adult witblits? the parents look normal so I was curious if the babies grow out of this patternless look.I looked at the site but couldn't find any adult witblit pictures.

Jacques O'Dell

Original Poster
I have decided I will do more posts since most of you are actualy keen to learn more.

OK so the 'original' pairing (as I will refer to as the 'witblits parents')is two fairly 'normal' beardeds that produced the witblits babies. These two are 'normal' in the sense that they look like fairly average lightly coloured dragons but obviously they are genetically differentor 'abnormal'. They are thus phenotypically normal but geneticaly quite unique. They have typical pattern like most dragons and I would say their colour is very similar to 'hypos', although her in SA hypos are extremely rare. We have selected for lightly coloured dragons over the past 3-4 generation and the result is the witblits parents. There was no addition of hypo's or leucistics or any other 'fancy' morphs into our generation tree. We started with typical SA dragons and selected for 'white'. I am sure I would be able to market animals like the witblits parents as hypos, but I am not realy phased about that. So in colour and pattern the witblits parents are fairly normal. Genetically we are not 100% sure. From what we have seen is that they are likley heterozygous for the 'witblits' gene. And it seems the gene is a simple ressesive trait. So what is witblits then. Well basically a TRUE patternless dragons with very nice colours, of which the pearl white colour is most sought after. This is bacause (well except for their good looks) the potential that they have in a collection. The possibilities of these animals are endless. Some breeders are already talking of hypo witblits, translucent witblits, fire witblits etc. These morphs are obviously far from reality because most breeders first want to figure out the true genetics of this morph. This may take one year or a few. Who knows. It does however create a new chalenge for alot of breeder hobbyists. Hope this helps. Fel free to ask more questions. The sub-adult witblits dragons are almost a year old and they are still the same as at birth. Some have gained a slightly yellow-ish tinge and others have remained white or silver-grey. They are still completely patternless. No pattern at all. Not a fleck! Not even the stripe below the eye nor the dark shoulder pads. I will post pictures of them at the end of the week on our website.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost to export a live animal? I have no idea :dontknow: And sorry if I sounded rude earlier, didn't mean to come out that way. I was just so shocked at the prices. If people are buying, then hey, more power to ya i guess.

Jacques O'Dell

Original Poster
It is very expensive to export! The whole story will cost around 1000-2000 USD. This is the absolute maximum! That then includes all the export (permits, vet checks, crates, flights, agent etc) and import costs (agent, vet checks, customs inspection etc). It is quite a prosess that takes about a month in total to organise. Permit applications takes a while... The price is also heavily dependant on air freight cost. Normally I try to send at least 3 beardies at once, then it works out cheaper for the client.

Gail

BD.org Addict
I think these guys are fantastic and if I could afford one, I would happily buy. I can't wait to see what will be produced once color is added into the line, pure markless red or yellow will be amazing. This is the first genetic morph in dragons I am truly excited about.
Have you ever bred your male to a different line to heck for co-dom? What about the normal looking siblings? Will you hold a pair back to test if they are het?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom