Witblits babies hatching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

larry

Hatchling Member
It´s the exact same thing that happens in the rest of the world, i´m in argentina and it´s rare here to get the top quality animals you breeders offer in pics but i guess it´s normal since you as breeders would never give your best dragons... Only this time the breeder is not from US ( tho i think as well the price is exessive).

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
normal since you as breeders would never give your best dragons
Give? NO!
Sell? Yes!
We can not keep all of our prize/best beardies or we'd be overrun by beardies. Sure we may hold back a few as future breeders or as trades to another breeder for fresh bloodlines.

But I'd have to agree quite pricey...I could never afford a beardie that cost that much either. Nor would I ever even consider it.

larry

Hatchling Member
Yes Barbara, don´t get me wrong, i´m not saying you don´t sell top quality dragons ( i happened to have purchased four dragons from a Us breeder and i´m more than happy with them ) but if in one clutch there´s one that stands over the rest, or you think it´s what you need to improve your bloodlines, wouldn´t you keep him? I think it´s only normal to keep the best for yourself. But probably i have another view of the matter since here there are not so many top quality dragons and you there have a lot of beautiful animals to choose from.
Cheers
Ariel

spyder79

Extreme Poster
larry":bd002 said:
Yes Barbara, don´t get me wrong, i´m not saying you don´t sell top quality dragons ( i happened to have purchased four dragons from a Us breeder and i´m more than happy with them ) but if in one clutch there´s one that stands over the rest, or you think it´s what you need to improve your bloodlines, wouldn´t you keep him? I think it´s only normal to keep the best for yourself. But probably i have another view of the matter since here there are not so many top quality dragons and you there have a lot of beautiful animals to choose from.
Cheers
Ariel

yes we would hold on to the top quality if we wished to add it to our breeding colony. But if a person approached me and said "hey i like your dragons but im looking for the highest quality of that bloodline, im looking to spend $insert price here$ do you have anything?" i would offer them my "holdback". In the case of these witblit dragons the breeder that purchased them and imported to the US paid top dollar for the top grade of this morph. And was not offered the top grade of this morph. he paid top dollar as was given what the breeder considered their "undesirable" example of the morph.

larry

Hatchling Member
Right, point made...and shared. Did this breeder offered two different prices for two different grades of the morph?

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Not from what i have been told as the breeder that purchased them is a pioneer and wanted to purchase the very best. From what i understand the dragons that were sent here were portrayed as the best they had to offer. Which has obviously been shown to be a lie.

larry

Hatchling Member
spyder79":c1233 said:
Not from what i have been told as the breeder that purchased them is a pioneer and wanted to purchase the very best. From what i understand the dragons that were sent here were portrayed as the best they had to offer. Which has obviously been shown to be a lie.

Too bad, thanks for making this clear to me

Jacques O'Dell

Original Poster
Ok let me respond to some questions or comments like this:

Do I see prices of 4-5 THOUSAND dollars?!?! No offense but why in the world are they priced so high? I'm speechless. Anyways, good luck.

Yes the ones for sale this year is 4-5k. This is beacause there are only a very small number of these in the world.
Just like is said here:
What i am going to say about the price is that it is a lot cheaper then a new morph in the ball python world. There are a couple of new ones that came out last year and they are selling for $100,000 and the animal is in front of you and it is still that much. But of course that is all because they only have 4-10 eggs every year which makes them low in supply and a lot of people want them.
Thanks for the help...
The reason (this is what i think, but only speculation) that the price will remain high for a few years is the fact that only a few are produced every year. We only hatched 9 babies this year. It will remain an 'elite' morph for a while.

That price (to my understanding) is including the Import/Export fees. But still yet it is crazy for those dragons which in my opinion do not look like a very healthy morph and that 5 grand is for the lower grade animals. No matter how it is stated the lower grade animals were sent to the US. You flat out admitted it.

And yes breeders do hold back the nicer animals to see how they turn out. But if a buyer is paying the kind of money id be willing to bet that Josh paid you that buyer is expecting your best your "hold back" quality.

No it does not include the export/import costs. Yes they are expensive, yes it might be crazy, but oh yes there are alot of people that are willing to pay that money... We are all entitled to our own opinions right. They are healthy. Just as healthy as the inbred morphs in the states. All these 'special' morph are inbred. Otherwise they would still look like the brown ones running around in Australia right... The lower grade ones were not sent over to the states. I said we sent the tan ones. I never admitted it (please quote me if i did). Josh never paid for the 'hold back' ones as I never even offered these. He saw pictures of them and the ndecided to buy them. He is happy about them and I am sure he will make a post soon.

That is still ridiculous. I'd much rather pay for a citrus dragon or even a normal dragon. I can see how some would sell a colorful dragon for a couple hundred, but I just can't see the reasoning of charging $5000 for a dragon. Especially since the US has the "reject" ones, I don't even want to SEE the price for the nice ones! Are there people actually buying these things?
As I said none are rejects... The prices for the ones available are 4-5k. Some are white. other not. You pay for what you get. Simple. Josh did not pay what they are going for now, but that is because he did not buy 'white' ones, and also I gave him a good deal because he had the balls to take the risk and buy from this 'no name guy in south africa' and it worked out for him. risk=reward!

It´s the exact same thing that happens in the rest of the world, i´m in argentina and it´s rare here to get the top quality animals you breeders offer in pics but i guess it´s normal since you as breeders would never give your best dragons... Only this time the breeder is not from US ( tho i think as well the price is exessive).
Thanks larry... If I import a solid yellow dragons from the states via an importer it will cost me around R20000. That is around 3000$ for something that is around a tenth of the price in the states. That is just the way it works. (We have quarantine facilties in SA unlike US and those guys determine the price of them). The guy with the monopoly determines the price right.

yes we would hold on to the top quality if we wished to add it to our breeding colony. But if a person approached me and said "hey i like your dragons but im looking for the highest quality of that bloodline, im looking to spend $insert price here$ do you have anything?" i would offer them my "holdback". In the case of these witblit dragons the breeder that purchased them and imported to the US paid top dollar for the top grade of this morph. And was not offered the top grade of this morph. he paid top dollar as was given what the breeder considered their "undesirable" example of the morph.
I realy don't know how you can say I offered him top grade? The morph is so new that grades have not even been determined. Realy people don't jump the gun. He saw photos of a few and could choose from them. There were price differences.

Tes Josh is indeed a pioneeer. He had the balls to buy this morph as i said and he will still achieve great things with them. Both me and him knows the value of these animals in a collection. They have great potential, and together with the awesome dragons he has he can create awesome with witblits crossings... The were never 'portrayed' as the best. They were offered for sale and that is it. No lies.

I have spoken to Josh and hope that he makes a post soon, and that he says what he realy thinks about them. Last time i spoke to him he said that ''this deal was good for him''.

It is quite strange that the guys with most 'bad' things to say on this forum is actualy guys who were quite interested in them last year... Strange. Now you are sour because you lost out.

Please feel free to comment as you like. Not everyone has to like them. Also feel free to ask me question via pm or email if you don't want people to see. Or swear at me via pm or email if i have upset you. I don't take offence.

Hope this sttles a few things. Cheers

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Ill leave your opinion alone on everything minus the dig at me. I was not as interested as you think last year. What i did want to know was what you were asking for them price wise. And you would not respond on the 3 places i asked. By the time you had responded i had looked at the pictures you had up of these animals and determined that they didnt look worthwhile to me as they look unhealthy. You can be mad or agitated all you want but it is still true. And when you take something like this on a hobbyist forum you should expect to be questioned and when you do not answer well you should expect to get questioned more.

Jacques O'Dell

Original Poster
Thats all fair Brian. I am not able to reply every day but try to get to it. I except all comments and questions and I am realy not offended by anything nor am I even close to mad. Why be mad? I am the lucky one whom was blessed with an awesome morph and now I am making thousands from them. No reason to be mad this side... Life's good.

Dantro

Sub-Adult Member
Its all a matter of taste and going by the pics ive seen on the sight, not my cup of tea ...
It seems it was once the way of breeding to produce wonderful colours, now it seems to be the fashion to breed plain looking dragons ... like i say just my opinion, no offence ...

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Why be mad? I am the lucky one whom was blessed with an awesome morph and now I am making thousands from them. No reason to be mad this side... Life's good.

Boy that says alot! :shock:
The all mighty dollar over health and well being. :(

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
fresnowitte":65290 said:
Why be mad? I am the lucky one whom was blessed with an awesome morph and now I am making thousands from them. No reason to be mad this side... Life's good.

Tis the unfortunate way of the world. One of these dragons would pay for half of my college tuition.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
fresnowitte":3a8c3 said:

eye opening isnt it. The main reason this person is breeding is only to make money not for the love of the animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom