Witblits babies hatching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacques O'Dell

Original Poster
They are not rankins. They are 'normal' beardies, P. vitticeps. The other difference between these and leucistics are the size and growth. Leucistic dragons grow much quicker and larger than these.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
I okay now I understand, they are patternless but not colorless. I spoke to the guy who imported them for someone here in the US and he held one. He said they are a normal beardie, just tan/brown, and no pattern on the head or body.

Jeff

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
k now i understand, thanks jeff, i wasnt saying i didnt like them are anything they just look like lil aliens to me.

Jacques O'Dell

Original Poster
Yes they do have colour. Otherwise they would be tranparent... Jokes. When they are born they have a 'alien' look as described. Just because it doesn't look right. They are silvery-grey when born then after a couple of days either stay greyish or turn white. The white ones are the favourite and in high demand. They are realy awesome. The three that are in the states are more of a tan-yellow colour. Photos of the different ones will be added to the website soon. It is realy hard to photograph a baby beardie! (Also I'm a breeder not a photographer...) The lighting in the cage gives them an untruly colour but they are to skittish to photograph outside the enclosure. Photos realy do not do them any justice. One has to see them in real life. Will let you guys know when the photos are added. Cheers

Jacques O'Dell

Original Poster
No they were not lower quality. We only sell top quality dragons. But the ones shipped to the states were not as white as the ones that I kept back for future breeders. That is quite obvious right. A breeder always selects the best then sells the excess. You guys do the same. Have a look at the website for pictures of them. There you will clearly see the difference. Hope this helps.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Do I see prices of 4-5 THOUSAND dollars?!?! No offense but why in the world are they priced so high? I'm speechless. Anyways, good luck.

spyder79

Extreme Poster
beardieluv":44980 said:
Do I see prices of 4-5 THOUSAND dollars?!?! No offense but why in the world are they priced so high? I'm speechless. Anyways, good luck.
That price (to my understanding) is including the Import/Export fees. But still yet it is crazy for those dragons which in my opinion do not look like a very healthy morph and that 5 grand is for the lower grade animals. No matter how it is stated the lower grade animals were sent to the US. You flat out admitted it.

And yes breeders do hold back the nicer animals to see how they turn out. But if a buyer is paying the kind of money id be willing to bet that Josh paid you that buyer is expecting your best your "hold back" quality.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
That is still ridiculous. I'd much rather pay for a citrus dragon or even a normal dragon. I can see how some would sell a colorful dragon for a couple hundred, but I just can't see the reasoning of charging $5000 for a dragon. Especially since the US has the "reject" ones, I don't even want to SEE the price for the nice ones! Are there people actually buying these things?

lizzywoodwardBD

Hatchling Member
What i am going to say about the price is that it is a lot cheaper then a new morph in the ball python world. There are a couple of new ones that came out last year and they are selling for $100,000 and the animal is in front of you and it is still that much. But of course that is all because they only have 4-10 eggs every year which makes them low in supply and a lot of people want them.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Maybe it's just me but I'm not thrilled by them. They're cute but not really for that price, maybe like $200 at most i'd pay. Now if I did have that much cash to blow on a dragon i'd have a darth vadar instead. Now that dragon was smokin.

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
Haha exactly! Especially in this economy. And are you talking about the ALL black ones? I wonder what they look like when they get a "black" beard :lol: :roll: bad joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom