Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikkie78

Juvie Member
Yeah maybe I'll try and make some of the chicago shows...wish there were more in wisconsin though :( Where are you located in wisconsin?

athenacp

Extreme Poster
I'm not from Wisconsin, but my gf who lives there sent me this, thought I'd share :D

Wisconsin

It's winter in Wisconsin
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love Wisconsin
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Wisconsin
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

shanerp69

MNbeardie, yeah there is a builder in River Falls, the one I posted in in Winona if I remember right.

That tank sketch is very cool, what kind of wood are you going to use? If you plan on staining how dark will it be?

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
shanerp69":33e60 said:
MNbeardie, yeah there is a builder in River Falls, the one I posted in in Winona if I remember right.

That tank sketch is very cool, what kind of wood are you going to use? If you plan on staining how dark will it be?

Thanks for the compliment. I haven't decided on the materials yet. Most likely I'll go with an oak veneer or something to save money and a bit of weight. I plan on tiling the inside floor with 2" slate tile and the walls should probably be laminate for easier cleaning. I can't imagine what a setup this size would weigh and cost in real oak or cherry! I work at Lowe's so I'm going to hit the lumber guys up for info and pricing tomorrow :)

Eric

shanerp69

Are you planning on having it as one complete set up or a seperate tank and stand? Keep me informed on this one, I might think about adapting your build to a 2 story condo version :D

ikkie78

Juvie Member
Wow that is really cool looking!!! Keep me updated too as I might have to steal a couple ideas from you! :D

MNbeardie

Hatchling Member
We're probably going with a Blood from Dragon's Den and a 100% Marketed Leucistic from Carolina Designer Dragons. BEAUTIFUL! Dragons! But we're waiting on warmer weather for shipping. -24° can go away anytime now... We'll see how many times we change our minds between now and then.

Eric

shanerp69

Yeah that 2 story is about what we would be thinking about, I look forward to seeing the finished product, where abouts in the Southern part of MN are you located

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom