babieepinky

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Spike
Hellooo! i know it’s been a while since i’ve posted anything about Spike, he’s been living his best life lately! Got the new flooring in his tank and even moved his stuff around! With it becoming winter, it’s becoming a lot colder and my mother and father have decided to get gas logs for our fireplace, in the living room. With that being said, he’s right next to the fireplace since it hasn’t been used. Since they’re getting the gas logs, we’re not sure if the fumes coming from the gas logs are going to bother him or not, and we need help to figure out if we should move him away further from the fireplace, or move him into a different room completely?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 39

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hellooo! i know it’s been a while since i’ve posted anything about Spike, he’s been living his best life lately! Got the new flooring in his tank and even moved his stuff around! With it becoming winter, it’s becoming a lot colder and my mother and father have decided to get gas logs for our fireplace, in the living room. With that being said, he’s right next to the fireplace since it hasn’t been used. Since they’re getting the gas logs, we’re not sure if the fumes coming from the gas logs are going to bother him or not, and we need help to figure out if we should move him away further from the fireplace, or move him into a different room completely?
Can you smell the fumes?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as the flue is cracked open a bit (it's code to do that in some states) or it's otherwise ventilated in a standard way I don't think it would pose much issue. In the photo it looks like your setup is pretty well enclosed so I would think minimal fumes would be getting out into the room.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom