Will 2 males fight without female presence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bitzo

will 2 males fight no matter what and , also how big of an enclosure do you recomend for 2 or 3 beardies??

mostlyharmlessnj

Hatchling Member
There is an extremely high chance that two beardies regardless of sex will fight if housed together, and the results are usually tragic.

Tragic as in one or all will very likely end up dead or seriously crippled, so it is not a good idea to house beardies together.

Even if they don't kill each other, the added stress of living together will result in them having a significantly shorter life span then expected.

if you do decide to use a single viv, then divide it up so each has it's own space no less then the size of a 40 gallon breeder (36"x18" floor space), and use dividers where they can not easily see each other through the glass.

**Edit to include the setup info**

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
Most definately. It is not recommended to house any beardies together as there will be dominance issues and fighting, no matter what sex. I'd advise to get an enclose for each of the beardies. There have been a lot of sad stories on here about the result of beardies being housed together...

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I agree. If you have a large enclosure you can split it up with dividers, but each beardie needs a MINIMUM of 36x18x18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom