Love is In The Air

It's that glorious time where males love to 'look' for a female. I had him to get some free roam with almost all the hiding places covered. He looked around, climbed over an assortment of shoes, hung out on his stuffed toy turtle, and also tried to get under the scale by digging. I offered him my socks- that I wore. He went after my green shoes. (Who knew he liked green?) Went to my slippers, offered a paper towel that was rolled. I even offered the heating pad mat. LOL. No go. I made a sock of mine full of cotton balls and a thing to bite at the end. Don't know if he'll accept a sock friend as a mate or not.

Has not poo'd yet.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So, today, I gave him a soak in the kitchen sink with some nice warm water. (He enjoyed it for 15-20 minutes. Then wanted out. I let him out after a quick dry. I noticed he wanted down so I put him on the floor. He ran - slip and slide all the way to the window. I laid some paper towels down under him and he was so happy that he wanted to walk around on them. (The floor is laminate.) He wanted to look out the window and discovered that he needs a perch to look out the window. I held up to the window and he looked around. Then he signaled he wanted to eat. Licking his lips. (International sign of hunger.) I prepared some greens earlier and gave him some. He sat there, staring at his greens. He started to eat them on his own. Taking 2-3 big bites of greens. Then had enough. This was on the layer of paper towels and on the wood floor. He also walked on the paper towels. When he walks on the laminate, it's hard. So, I'll be placing some paper towels down. It seems to help with strengthening his front legs and his back legs. He didn't poo yet and he had two doses of baby food prunes within 12-24 hours. I don't want him to get prunes every 8 hours. I wanted to give him time for the prunes to go through his body first. He is exercising. More active now more than ever. Head bobbing too.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
So, today, I gave him a soak in the kitchen sink with some nice warm water. (He enjoyed it for 15-20 minutes. Then wanted out. I let him out after a quick dry. I noticed he wanted down so I put him on the floor. He ran - slip and slide all the way to the window. I laid some paper towels down under him and he was so happy that he wanted to walk around on them. (The floor is laminate.) He wanted to look out the window and discovered that he needs a perch to look out the window. I held up to the window and he looked around. Then he signaled he wanted to eat. Licking his lips. (International sign of hunger.) I prepared some greens earlier and gave him some. He sat there, staring at his greens. He started to eat them on his own. Taking 2-3 big bites of greens. Then had enough. This was on the layer of paper towels and on the wood floor. He also walked on the paper towels. When he walks on the laminate, it's hard. So, I'll be placing some paper towels down. It seems to help with strengthening his front legs and his back legs. He didn't poo yet and he had two doses of baby food prunes within 12-24 hours. I don't want him to get prunes every 8 hours. I wanted to give him time for the prunes to go through his body first. He is exercising. More active now more than ever. Head bobbing too.
That's a very good report 🙂

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Update: Today on Maya walks around the living room, under supervision, he walked all across the living room to where the heater was running. Plopped himself down and took a rest. Then he crawled under a tray table and looked around. I gave him my slipper and he crawled on it. I pulled him out using the slipper and he resumed his journey around the living room.
Tell you he's very smart. Any hole, he'll look at for a long time. I had to use shoes to plug up any holes. He sure loves to run.

He's active around his tank too now.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Update: Today on Maya walks around the living room, under supervision, he walked all across the living room to where the heater was running. Plopped himself down and took a rest. Then he crawled under a tray table and looked around. I gave him my slipper and he crawled on it. I pulled him out using the slipper and he resumed his journey around the living room.
Tell you he's very smart. Any hole, he'll look at for a long time. I had to use shoes to plug up any holes. He sure loves to run.

He's active around his tank too now.
That's great to hear 🙂
They are way smarter than people realize

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
That's great to hear 🙂
They are way smarter than people realize
Yes, I think I'm worrying over him. He hasn't pooped since waking up, a week ago. I'm wondering if I should wait. I already gave him two doses of prunes in 24 hours. And he still hasn't had a poo. I don't know if I should give him some drops of EVOO.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom