Who knew I'd become so smitten w/these GIRLS? (Thread/pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son bought our BD, Smaug, on Saturday, and by today, Tuesday, I already adore the little lizard! :love5:

He usually goes to sleep in his "cave", but he seemed restless last night. I turned off his lights and put him in his cave, but he kept coming out and eyeing me up. I decided to scoop him up and take him with me into the living room and hold him while I sat on the sofa and watched TV. I partially covered him with one hand, and he flattened himself against me and fell asleep. So cute! Of course, if I moved, he woke up, but when I got up and put him into his cave, he stayed there and slept until morning.

Here are some pics!

Smaugsleeping2.jpg
[/url][/img]

Smaugsleeping.jpg
[/url][/img]

MyBilbo

Hatchling Member
She looks fab, Bilbo lost a few grams over winter but has now put it all back on plus a few more, he weights 477g now

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Posted this under the other section, but wanted to put it here, as well:

Ok. Home from the vet, and she did another treatment of Flagyl. She tested this morning's sample and stated that the Protozoas were "scant", that there had been about 30-40 in the sample 13 days ago & now she saw about 5. She lost about 7 grams since last visit, but she didn't think it was a significant loss, especially since she's been eating well. She thinks the mushy poop yesterday was probably the Protozoas trying to re-establish, and this treatment should be it. She said to keep an eye on it for the next 10-14 days, and if it happens again, she will send a third treatment home with me. I have to say, I prefer her to the main vet, and I think I'll stick to her from now on. What a relief to have a good reptile vet! :blob8:

I wish that the Protozoas had been completely obliterated (I don't like anything that makes my little baby dragon sick :angry5: ) ...
But I'm SO relieved to hear it from the vet that she's doing better! :love5:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I saw that movie yesterday with my two nieces and we enjoyed it greatly. That reptile was one of the main characters, so funny, there were lots of other reptiles, too, even 2 alligators. I'd recommend this movie, it was so well done.

I'm hoping this latest treatment will be the last one for your girl.

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":28f8i1hj said:
I saw that movie yesterday with my two nieces and we enjoyed it greatly. That reptile was one of the main characters, so funny, there were lots of other reptiles, too, even 2 alligators. I'd recommend this movie, it was so well done.

I'm hoping this latest treatment will be the last one for your girl.

Yes, we are going to see it! I keep looking when I go to Walmart at the toys from the movie, but none so far for the beardie.

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She was doing ok after the 2nd treatment, but then she had mushy poop again Saturday, so I went to the vet's office after work yesterday and picked up her 3rd dose, which I gave to her this morn. She was not happy and fought me to take it :( but I managed to get it in her. Prior to giving her the med, she ate very few dubias. I gave her greens (kale and mustard) and squash and zucchini, but she wasn't interested in any of it (at least, up until the time I left for work). Hoping she ate after I left. :(

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Are you giving her a probiotic? They need that to help their tummy feel better. Tracie sells a good one at www.bug-de-lite.com. Or you can see if you can find Benebac in a pet shop. But it's needed, that's what upsets their eating, is the medication.

I hope she feels better soon. Here's a really good nutriton list www.beautifuldragons.com

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":ww4zlzd4 said:
Are you giving her a probiotic? They need that to help their tummy feel better. Tracie sells a good one at http://www.bug-de-lite.com. Or you can see if you can find Benebac in a pet shop. But it's needed, that's what upsets their eating, is the medication.

I hope she feels better soon. Here's a really good nutriton list http://www.beautifuldragons.com

Yes! I'm always standing in the produce department with the list pulled up on my phone. :lol:
I'm gonna see where I can get the probiotic from. Would a probiotic yogurt work as well?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
No it doesn't have enough of the good strain to help the belly. Your best bet is to buy the one from Tracie, you'll have it in a couple of days. It's made specifically for reptiles, and I've been giving it to my Imp for months now. Also Cierra because she laid 26 eggs last Monday. It's something that you can't over do, so try that. What have you been using for a probiotic up to now?

jenn4turtles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
sweetiepie9":2s0zmal6 said:
Are you giving her a probiotic? They need that to help their tummy feel better. Tracie sells a good one at http://www.bug-de-lite.com. Or you can see if you can find Benebac in a pet shop.

From Tracey, would you suggest the NutriBAC or Benebac? And if it's Benebac, the gel or powder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom