Where do you buy your dubias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reillyrebekahann

Hatchling Member
Hey guys,

Know of any reasonably priced dubias in stock?
Seem like every time I find some that area decent price they senders are out of stock /:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Try looking in the forsale section, there are always people selling them cheap there.

-Brandon

ash0587

Hatchling Member
jdroaches said they would have more for sale after aug 25th (in the for sale section) and they had great prices, and I just placed an order from this posting [ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=151635 f=2 ] and the price on there is way better than anything I've found through any of the official websites. Seems like philly feeders is probably the cheapest dealer with a website.
good luck, and hope this helped a little bit!

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Check with Jason theroachguy, he lives in VA also, so if you ordered from him you should get it within a day or two.

Not sure about how competitive his prices are, but Aaronpauling.com has never let me down...awesome roaches and great service.

sdkid123

Hatchling Member
I got mine of a guy on craigslist here in San Diego!
He gave me a great deal! :D
10 Adult females
10 adult males
150-differnt size nymphs and most were 1 molt away from becoming adults!:)
ALL FOR $10 if your from SD let me know and ill contact the guy:)

reillyrebekahann

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dang dude that sounds amazing. Sucks that I'm from VA though }:

It seems like nearly everyone is repopulating and not selling, but fortunately thanks to you guys I found someone.

THANKS ALOT!!! {:

sdkid123

Hatchling Member
reillyrebekahann":1d8lsfq0 said:
Dang dude that sounds amazing. Sucks that I'm from VA though }:

It seems like nearly everyone is repopulating and not selling, but fortunately thanks to you guys I found someone.

THANKS ALOT!!! {:
NO problem!:)

clear

Sub-Adult Member
It seems like I have been building up my colonies for 2 years now. I have just recently opened my store to a few new customers.

Mach10X

Hatchling Member
I wouldn't recommend trying to drive roaches over state lines. Many states are super strict about non-native species.

NFM07

Hatchling Member
Does it matter if you get the roaches from two or more breeders? Not sure if inbreeding even matters with them or not.

randommonks

Sub-Adult Member
Eventually inbreeding probably will, and you'll start to see it in more die-offs and less nymphs. Genetic diversity is always best for a healthy population, so ordering from two different breeders might be a good idea.

clear

Sub-Adult Member
Inbreeding with insects is not a huge problem. I would even bet that there really isnt many different true blood lines with dubia out there.

Mach10X

Hatchling Member
I agree with clear. Insects really are not as susceptible to inbreeding as more complex animals are. It think this stems from a simple genetic code and a simpler developmental cycle while gestating. I wonder if roaches from other colonies would even get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom