Where Can I Buy Styrofoam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydr

where can i buy styrofoam to make fake rock? lowes and homedepot's websites aren't showing anything. do they have it in stores but just not online?

Spydr

Original Poster
Found an 8 foot sheet at Lowes for 7 bucks. Still want to save some polystirene from an electronics store for some fun shapes.

SandyBear

I got a bunch of Styrofoam for free from our local pet shop. Their fish order comes in every two weeks, and the "coolers" that the fish are packaged in are actually Styrofoam sheets that line the walls of the box.

If you want to get it for free, I would check out the pet shops in your area to see if they come in like that. Also check some of the flower shops in your area, very often the flowers will be packaged in Styrofoam "coolers" as well.

Most places will save them for you, provided that you come to pick them up after they've finished unpacking their orders. It will help reduce the amount of waste in their dumpsters as well.

Spydr

Original Poster
yeah, i work with the fish at petsmart. we get our fish every week. i kinda want crazy electronics packing shapes. we have fish packed in straight slabs. but i'll surely grab some this tuesday if i need some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom