when starting a roach colony should

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerdrake

Juvie Member
most definately... you can never have too many adult females. they will produce babies at the rate of 15-30 per month. too many adult males will stress the females when she is ready to breed so you need to cull out the # of adult males 1 male for every 3-10 females. when feeding nymphs look for male nymphs as you will want to let the females mature so that they will keep the colony going. keeping a few males will also add new males for mating in the future. the adult males life span is shorter than the females so you will need to hold back some of the nympns. search the boards there is plenty of good info for keeping a good colony going and sustaining it.

Laura123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I should be getting my bugs today. I ordered 100 mixed, 200 small, and 5 adult dubais pairs. The 100 are for the colony and the small I plan to feed. My dragon LOVES them roaches!

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Depending on where you ordered from the small are probably going to be really small. Its almost better to just wait and let them produce.

Good Luck

Ernie

clear

Sub-Adult Member
If you dont need them NOW I would buy the largest qty you can without adults, adults cost more.

Laura123

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OKAY.... got my order of mixed roaches with a few adults that I ordered. OMG the adults are like HUGE! Yuck! I am totally grossed out! Thank goodness my son will touch them for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ha12041437
Top Bottom