What to use for flooring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

essenm25

Hatchling Member
I am getting a new viv setup and I want to use something other than paper towel but I feel like tile would be to hard for them to walk on. What is the best flooring option?

Grogshla

Juvie Member
marine carpet or reptile carpet?
tile is actually very good as it absorbs the heat better and is very easy to clean.

essenm25

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know sand is bad but I have seen some pictures where they have a sand area seperated from where they eat and what not, is that okay? What kind of sand would you use?

Grogshla

Juvie Member
i would use red desert sand or washed play sand. Make sure you press it down and compact it so that it is less likely to cause impaction

volvotech

Hatchling Member
Too hard to walk on? No.

I have large pieces of driftwood in my cages, which are quite solid. The slate tile in my cages is no harder on the dragons than driftwood, glass, or basking rocks.

Jess

Extreme Poster
If you are worried about the hardness of it, you can give your beardie a little piece of fleece to snuggle on if he wants too. :) I have a little fleece "bed" for Dudley, but 90% of the time he would rather be on the ground, drift wood, rocks, ect. Remember that tile holds heat really well, so they enjoy laying on the warm-ness of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom