What to feed beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Well, those are both great staples (if crickets are gutloaded). Are you saying this is all your beardie WANTS to eat, or is it that these are the only items you have to offer him? I wasn't quite clear on that.

Ideally, beardie would be getting a more varied diet to ensure thorough nutrition, although I know some beardies tend to be picky (like ours! :? ). It's good however, to continue to offer different types of food, both veggies and protein, and there is a wide variety of items to choose from. Here is a link to an excellent resource for feeding your dragon (do's and don'ts): http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

Hope that helps a bit! :)

Em

motorcross11396

Original Poster
That's all I've been offering him. Sorry about the confusion.. Last night I gave him collared greens and strawberries and carrots an blueberries for his salad so hopefully I varied it enough

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
motorcross11396":8f3bf said:
That's all I've been offering him. Sorry about the confusion.. Last night I gave him collared greens and strawberries and carrots an blueberries for his salad so hopefully I varied it enough

I gotcha, no problem... just wanted to make sure I understood your meaning. :) I'd say if your dragon will accept a good variety of foods, then by all means offer them. The list I linked can be a great help in choosing between good staples (every day foods), occasional feeders (once or twice a week, or very small amounts 2 -3 times per week), rare (once a month or less) and also those that should be avoided altogether.

The best,
Em

motorcross11396

Original Poster
Okay thanks for the advice... By the way... You sound like you know your beardies. Do you think that maybe you could help me with another question that has to do with him keeping one eye closed sometimes??

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
I responded in the other thread, as I saw that you were using the Zilla.

Our beardie experienced a very rough time with a Zilla bulb (as have many others). I make it a priority to respond anytime I see that someone is using them. *sigh*

Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom