What Should I Use For My Baby Beardie Sand , Repti Carpet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

my1stBD

Juvie Member
These are my opinions and observations i have made

Sand

Personally i will never use sand BUT if you really really want to wait till your beardie is an adult.
Sand is very high maintenance to keep clean. You need to scoop out all the sand around each poop to ensure no bacteria stays inside that can make your beardie ill, and 1x month you have to remove ALL the sand and either wash and bake it or replace it.
Sand also has a very high impactation risk, especially for babies and even more so if youre planning on feeding inside the viv. It gets ingested and blocks them up, not good at all.

Paper towels

Good choice, disposable, easy to keep clean (Remove, chuck and replace). Good choice for babies which poop a lot and not very expensive.

Repti Carpet

Also a good choice, but some people have reported beardies nails catching on the carpet. Also it needs to be thoroughly cleaned regularly ro temove bacteria from poopies

Tiles

Awesome choice. I use this and the switch from repti carpet to tile was the best choice i ever made. I use textured ceramic tile. It is easy to keep clean, just pick up the poop, wipe with a clorox wipe or damp cloth and let dry. No risk of being ingested thus no risk of impactation from it. 1x month i remove them, wash them and bake them to sterilise. Also the textured tiles act as nail files to keep my beardies nails nice and short.

Another inexpensive option you didnt mention that you can try untill you decide is Newspaper.
Same benefits as the paper towels.

Here is a link to a post on another forum i came across a while back and it is very detailed on all substrates and has lots of info from personal experience
http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/index.php?threads/my-experiences-with-different-substrates.90/#post-658

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom