How much calcium should I give my bearded dragon?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, my bearded dragon had a hard urate, and I think I was giving too much calcium. She laid eggs 5 weeks ago and I was giving her extra in case she had more. I’m not sure if she is gravid again because her appetite is quite large again. I was giving calcium everyday, but that is too much. I got liquid calcium for her. It says to give it 3 times a week 1/2 a teaspoon. However, I also giver her calcium with d3 1-2 times a week which is a powder form. What would be the best amount of calcium to give her? Is the instructions + a day of calcium with d3 ok. Or should I do liquid calcium 2 times a week and 1 day of d3? Also, what amount of calcium should I sprinkle everyday? Should it be light or a generous amount?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Remind me again, what UVB lighting do you use?
You can give the liquid calcium 1-2 times per week, & powdered calcium a couple of times per week,
lightly dusted on one meal for that day. If you are using a good UVB light, you wont need much D3.
Do you have calcium without D3 or just with D3 right now?

Tracie

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello,

Remind me again, what UVB lighting do you use?
You can give the liquid calcium 1-2 times per week, & powdered calcium a couple of times per week,
lightly dusted on one meal for that day. If you are using a good UVB light, you wont need much D3.
Do you have calcium without D3 or just with D3 right now?

Tracie
I have a t5 ho 10.0 uvb. It’s a tube. 24 inches long. I got the bulb in October. I use both calcium with and without d3. I normally give d3 twice a week. I’m not sure if im going to do the liquid calium anymore. Because I tried it and it was quite hard to give on her crickets. 5 crickets hardly put a dent into the 1/2 teaspoon I’m supposed to give her. But, I might try it again. Would it be ok to give calcium without d3 1-2 times a week. Instead of the liquid calcium? If I’m supposed to give calcium on one meal for the day, would giving It on 5 crickets be enough? Or should I put it on something else? Thank you very much!

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom