What do you talk about?

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
My Taco reacts very much to his name, and to phrases like "Hey, Tac!", "Tac Tac!".

Generally, I have seen when I take him out, he finds it entertaining me (or my husband) talking, either to him or with each other. Topics usually: Describing to my husband (who had zero experience with reptiles before we got Taco, and who wasn't much into pets without fur and has a "rather medium" interest in biology - while I'm the likes-all-animals-biology-nerd here :D) certain features of the dragon, such as the "third eye", the femoral pores, whether and where he's about to shed, how differently the skin is structured depending on the body part... Things like that :)
Effect: Taco likes it and husband is now a lot more interested in those things :D

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
"Why?!" "What are you doing?" "What's in your mouth?!" "Where did you go?" "What you thinking?"

Endless questions in this house and Devlyn has never cracked under interrogation

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
"Why?!" "What are you doing?" "What's in your mouth?!" "Where did you go?" "What you thinking?"

Endless questions in this house and Devlyn has never cracked under interrogation
Beardies can give a rock lessons in being stubborn lol.

ChileanTaco

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Especially when his color matches very well what's in his enclosure - and when I touch him (don't ask me how often I was asked by people how it feels petting a bearded dragon... I describe it as "like tree bark or like a rough stone")... then I think of him as a being that's made out of a rock that came to life. Something that suddenly morphs out of rough desert rocks. Like a rock monster - but a cuuute and gentle one :)

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I literally just talk about my day and other crazy stuff as if she's a normal person...... Although I don't think she ever listens to me because she never talks to me......🤣🤣

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom