What can I use to make a viv divider?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fez09

Extreme Poster
I have a 6ft tank and I would like to put a divider in the center but not sure what to use...Any ideas??

JeffSimpson

Juvie Member
Well, you can really use about anything you want. You could use a piece of plexi-glass, glass, cardboard, plywood/hardboard etc.

Why do you need to divide the tank?
Is it something that needs to be removable?
Can it be transparent, or does it need to be covered?

fez09

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Well, I want to divide it so I can house 2 dragons...it's 72inches long so that's like 2 40 g breeders...I would want it to be removeable but sturdy and as far as being see through, I will just cover it with tank background.

lmtaber

I have pretty much the same configuration you have -- a 72" tank divided in two. I cut plexiglass to size and sealed it in place with silicon caulking. It works great, and I've left the space between the two beardies open because I like the open look of it, and they don't seem to mind each other's presence much. If they do decide to get grumpy with each other, it would be easy to cover though. I think the two spaces side by side look really neat, like little beardie apartments. When I get home tonight I should post a picture for you, including a close up of the hopelessly unprofessional caulking job. Plus, I had a devil of a time cutting through the plexiglass, and ended up with shards on one edge that needed to be sanded down with a rotary sander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom