Finally got it

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
We finally got it set up. A tank from dubia with a cabinet stand, a spacer and another tank from dubia stacked to make a 7foot set up that my 5'2 butt can barely reach. πŸ˜πŸ˜… and off to the left is a 60 gallon tank we have for our babies, Dreki and Nubby with a divider.

Also, here is a photo of Nubby thinking the water bowl is a pool that he can drink from.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Attachments

• 20230415_193639.jpg
    20230415_193639.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 20230415_194450.jpg
    20230415_194450.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 61

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
We finally got it set up. A tank from dubia with a cabinet stand, a spacer and another tank from dubia stacked to make a 7foot set up that my 5'2 butt can barely reach. πŸ˜πŸ˜… and off to the left is a 60 gallon tank we have for our babies, Dreki and Nubby with a divider.

Also, here is a photo of Nubby thinking the water bowl is a pool that he can drink from.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Nubby must love his water bowl (aka his pool) 😊

Last edited:

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Nubby must love his water bowl (aka his pool) 😊
It was wild to see. All afternoon, it seemed like his eyes were..sunken in.? And he kept laying down and closing them, like he was trying to go to sleep and we were starting to get worried. He seemed real lethargic out of nowhere. Just on a whim, I decided to toss him into the bath and before I could even set him in the water, he had his head down and was drinking air. πŸ˜…πŸ˜… he drank a *ton* of water and even pooped and seemed *so* much better after. His eyes were actually open and he seemed more active so we decided to put the water bowl back in his tank. And he was trying to drink it but wouldn't lower his head down enough, it was so silly. That's when he got in it and splashed around.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Nikki.D

Hatchling Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Garnie
It was wild to see. All afternoon, it seemed like his eyes were..sunken in.? And he kept laying down and closing them, like he was trying to go to sleep and we were starting to get worried. He seemed real lethargic out of nowhere. Just on a whim, I decided to toss him into the bath and before I could even set him in the water, he had his head down and was drinking air. πŸ˜…πŸ˜… he drank a *ton* of water and even pooped and seemed *so* much better after. His eyes were actually open and he seemed more active so we decided to put the water bowl back in his tank. And he was trying to drink it but wouldn't lower his head down enough, it was so silly. That's when he got in it and splashed around.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
So glad to hear the water activated him πŸ˜…. P.s Make sure that when he is in his bath he doesn't fully submerge his head.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
So glad to hear the water activated him πŸ˜…. P.s Make sure that when he is in his bath he doesn't fully submerge his head.
He doesn't, just his snout. Toothless, our 10 month old, on the other hand, will swim and dunk his head for a split second to splash in the water. Like, he'll swim, splash, dunk his head to splash some more then whip his tail to splash even more. He loves it, it's wild.πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Your setup looks very nice πŸ‘Œ πŸ™‚.
You have to be careful with babies they dehydrate a lot faster than adults. It's easy to miss also. I'm glad you caught it. How are the babies doing? You haven't posted much about them.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Your setup looks very nice πŸ‘Œ πŸ™‚.
You have to be careful with babies they dehydrate a lot faster than adults. It's easy to miss also. I'm glad you caught it. How are the babies doing? You haven't posted much about them.
It was crazy, I would have never guessed.

They're doing really well. They had a wellness check and the vet said they look super healthy, Nubby's...er, nubsπŸ˜… are healed over really well and look good. They're gaining really well. Dreki is 60g I think and Nubby is right behind him and they're both about 10 inches or so. I swear they're bonded. We had to take out the divider because they kept trying to jump over it to get to each other so we set up two separate basking spots for them with their own cooler area and they still bask right next to each other and like to keep at least one foot touching the other one. Nubby is so sweet, he's like a little kid who hides behind his mom. He runs up my shirt to hide in my hair when he gets scared and loves to cuddle and just cling. They're so darn sweet and Nubby is definitely the more scardy one, as you can see.

I don't think Nova has grasped she isn't in that tank anymore. We had her out last night and she ran really fast over to look into her tank and started footstomping and head bobbing at the babies being in it, which she never does. She doesn't care about the babies at all.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Attachments

• 16816600179745135934594063391711.jpg
    16816600179745135934594063391711.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 67

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
They are very territorial so she probably is a little upset.
I remember a youtube video (i think it was webereptiles) he had a true pair of twins to hatch (two fully formed babies from one egg) and i kindda remember him saying those two were inseparable. My two rescues cuddle as close as they can get to each other every night. (They were never housed together and have only known each other since late October) i absolutely think they can bond with each other. (I wouldn't house mine together, Sweet Pea is EXTREMELY protective of her home) but out on the couch they seek each other out.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
They are very territorial so she probably is a little upset.
I remember a youtube video (i think it was webereptiles) he had a true pair of twins to hatch (two fully formed babies from one egg) and i kindda remember him saying those two were inseparable. My two rescues cuddle as close as they can get to each other every night. (They were never housed together and have only known each other since late October) i absolutely think they can bond with each other. (I wouldn't house mine together, Sweet Pea is EXTREMELY protective of her home) but out on the couch they seek each other out.
Yeah, I always figured it was just a territorial thing but the way they hide behind each other and lick each other and stuff, they definitely like each other.

And yeah, Nova just can't understand why there are strangers in her home and she's not happy, despite having a bigger home.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
It was nova i was referring to as being territorial. She sees the new babies in HER home .

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
It was nova i was referring to as being territorial. She sees the new babies in HER home .
Yeah, she did it again today. She was on the bed and couldn't even really see them. Next thing we know, she did a little tail flick then took off to the edge of the bed where she can see them, almost fell off the bed and while half hanging on, she stomped her foot and headbobbed. It was kinda silly but I feel bad.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Yeah i understand I've had to rotate mine on occasion too, it takes a little while for them to let it go. They really do not like change lol.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Yeah i understand I've had to rotate mine on occasion too, it takes a little while for them to let it go. They really do not like change lol.
She holds a damn grudge. She's the master of that over the shoulder stink eye and that's *all* she's been doing.πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris πŸ’”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom