Weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How much does a healthy dragon weigh around 6 months of age- I weighed Hiccup today on a kitchen scale and he is weighing in at 14 grams or 5 ounces. Is that about normal - he looks healthy and acts healthy--

Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
14g ???

Are you sure you don't mean 140g ….. 5oz = 142g

At 6 months old
Puff was 176g
Rex was 221g
Peppa was 242g
Toothless was 175g

I42g is on low end of the size distribution. So long as your hatchling is healthy , active , eating bugs properly two to three times per day and pooing regularly , I wouldn't be too worried .

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Yes thats what I meant! Opps! And yes hes doing all that - I have had to put some bugs in his greens so he would eat them - otherwise he will just eat bugs - but he is eating them and going poop regularly!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
KarrieRee":q9h122vs said:
Yes thats what I meant! Opps! And yes hes doing all that - I have had to put some bugs in his greens so he would eat them - otherwise he will just eat bugs - but he is eating them and going poop regularly!

If he shows any interest in the salad at his age …. it's a bonus …. what he needs for at least another 12 months is mostly live insects.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Well thats what hes getting - but he eats in spurts- I try and feed him in the morning and he gets up so late-- he is in his hide for like 2 hrs before he even comes out after his lights are turned on -- he seems to do alot of sleeping- he comes out and bask and then he will go back to his hide - is this a normal thing?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
We should probably go over your temps and what uvb you are using. What is the distance your beardie can get closest to it. Is there any screen or lens obstructing the uvb? What do you use to take temps with?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Reptisun 10uvb and its less than 3 months old- its in side the tank and its about 5-6 inches from where he sits - - his basking rock is around 105 or so - depends on how hot my room is if the room is warmer the warmer the inside of the tank - today the cool side of the tank is around 84- usually its 80-- hes very active when hes out of his tank and he just seems to sleep a lot every other day- like tomorrow he will probably be out of his cave / hide most of the day- he's out now and its 7 pm -- he has slept a lot today -- that seems to be his schedule- I work from home and hes in my office and so we keep each other company most of the day- so I can keep an eye on him and what hes doing - he hasnt pooped yet today but that seems to be the normal - tomorrow I am expecting it- he pooped yesterday - my guess is cuz he really hasnt basked a lot today- this morning he was out for a little while then he went back to bed --

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I use a lazer gun for the temp for basking and a digital on the side of the tank w/ the probe

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
It all sounds good but seems odd he would be sleeping so much at that age. Perhaps it's just a phase. How often do you use calcium and vitamins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshG88
Top Bottom