Watering Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodie67

My beardie has not touched the water at all I refill it every 2-3 hours with fresh water even though he isn't drinking it what should I do? I feed him 2-3 times a day and he eats all the crickets but one! Please reply :(

Tatty

Juvie Member
Beardies usually won't drink from a bowl. Mine won't do this. I get the adults to drink by letting the water slowly drip in the lavatory. They will go after it with gusto. On the babies, I mist them heavily twice per day. :p

Tatty

Tatty

Juvie Member
They won't drink a lot but it is still important for them to get their chance every day. :)

Tatty

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Very few beardies drink from standing water in their tanks unless they learn how after a while. It's true that a lot of them will drink from their baths though. You could try misting him outside of the tank and when the water drips off his nose, he should get the idea and start licking. Or you could use a plastic medicine dropper and put drops on his nose for him to lick off. Misting the greens well before putting it in the tank helps too. Bathing is the best way to thoroughly hydrate them and I bathed my babies at least 3 to 4 times a wk for about 15 to 20 min each time.

Alliemac

My beardie will only drink when I mist her or the wall of the tank or off her nose. She runs for the walls and drinks up the water running down. Occasionally she'll drink off the fake plants in the tank too. I mist her 2 or 3 times a day.

brunoboy

I mist and give bruno baths-------I also always rinse his veggies, greens, with water before giving it to him.

Another good way to hydrate your dragon-------> feed occasional phoenix worms and put a few at a time in a shallow cup of water------they will float to the top and will be washed of that packing material----while also collecting a fair amount of moisture for your dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom