water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleenxx

so i've seen tempy step through her water to get to the other side of her enclosure, but i havent seen her drink any. should i be helping her get some, somehow? or do they get their fix through bathtime? newbie.. sorry. :oops:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
I have kept a water dish available for my dragons when they were young just for the sole purpose of supplying a bit more humidity. Younger dragons tend to dehydrate more easily as they are usually reluctant to eat their salads. They will generally not drink standing water, I have heard they can be taught but, never done so myself.
They really do not need a water dish if you are bathing on a proper schedule of 2-3 times a week. They can also get hydration from certain feeders.

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I give both of mine water dishes and have seen them drink out of them too. Midna really loves hers and will lay down in it and wiggle around like she is swimming. Other than drinking out of it, Yaddle will lay in it sometimes or put her hands in it.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
In all my years of having dragons I haven't seen them do anything but make a mess in their viv with a waterbowl.

Baths will hydrate enough.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom