Water crystals

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdave

Juvie Member
How do you guys prepare your water crystals for your dubias? I change the food every other day and the crystals are always dry. I read a while ago someone making big batches of them.

Sapphire

Sub-Adult Member
Dry crystals + water? ...Not sure why they would dry out...

I take about one teaspoon and throw it in a jar of water (one of the fluker's cricket quencher jars, which is like 12oz or something). I'm good to go for weeks.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
I used a cleaned out 1 gallon milk jug and add 1-2 ounces of the crystals with water shake it good and leave the cap on. They always stay fresh. If you don't have it capped or are not adding enough water they will dry out.

Twobeardieguy":64rbfqpb said:
I used a cleaned out 1 gallon milk jug and add 1-2 ounces of the crystals with water shake it good and leave the cap on. They always stay fresh. If you don't have it capped or are not adding enough water they will dry out.

After putting the cap back on can you leave them out of the fridge or do they need to stay in the cold? Thanks

ATLBeardedDragons

Juvie Member
I personally have been steadily using Oranges due to the Citrus factor enhances Dubias breeding habits (lemons&limes too!).

Where do you guys get your water crystals, I want to buy in bulk at wholesale so any good places?? Thanks.

P.s. FISH FOOD is an extremely well rounded GUT LOAD in addition to a HIGH CALCIUM Roach/Cricket Gutload.

[email protected]

www.AtlantaBeardedDragons.com

sincerely,
:blob5: ABD :blob8:

ATLBeardedDragons

Juvie Member
I personally have been steadily using Oranges due to the Citrus factor enhances Dubias breeding habits (lemons&limes too!).

Where do you guys get your water crystals, I want to buy in bulk at wholesale so any good places?? Thanks.

P.s. FISH FOOD is an extremely well rounded GUT LOAD in addition to a HIGH CALCIUM Roach/Cricket Gutload.

[email protected]

www.AtlantaBeardedDragons.com

sincerely,
:blob5: ABD :blob8:

momohobobobo

Hatchling Member
ATLBeardedDragons":2w9i31zm said:

so lemons are ok? i have asked but no one seems to know. Im just kinda worried cause they supposedly aren't the best for beardies.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
No lemons. Remember what you feed your feeder you are feeding your reptiles. Also when you use water crystals you can squeeze oranges over the water crystals. :wink:

momohobobobo

Hatchling Member
Twobeardieguy":13xvg4xj said:
No lemons. Remember what you feed your feeder you are feeding your reptiles. Also when you use water crystals you can squeeze oranges over the water crystals. :wink:

yeah thats what i thought, but maybe if i fed them to only the breeders it'd be alright, but why risk it. Anyway, instead of squeezing the fruit over the water crystals i actually tried making them with no sugar added apple juice, but it didnt work too well. You have to water the apple juice down just i little, then it works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quantum
Top Bottom