wat was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw one of my beardies poop and i saw wat looked like his insides was hanging out it was red and im really worried, is he sick? hes also poopin a little watery his brother does not poop so watery.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
cindyaguilarx3":3154f said:
i saw one of my beardies poop and i saw wat looked like his insides was hanging out it was red and im really worried, is he sick? hes also poopin a little watery his brother does not poop so watery.
Sounds like a prolapse.Has it reverted back in or is it still out?Has he been having difficulty pooping?What type of food are you giving?What type of substrate is he on?How old is he?

cindyaguilarx3

Original Poster
no, it went back in right away and did not look like it hurt or bothered him. hes on crickets, mealworms and waxworms hes about 8 weeks but he is small and only 5 inches. he does not eat as much as his bro. right now i have them on paper napkins

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Cindy, you should make sure that what ever insect you are feeding is no longer than the distance between the dragons' eyes.

May I ask if you have them housed together ? This can actually be the reason one is flourishing, and the other not.

I would bet that if they are, one is hogging the best basking spots, laying on the other, eating the lions' share....
If this is what is going on, then I would urge you to separate them immediately !

If not, then I apologize.

Could you give us a run down on what you have in the viv ? UVB, substrate, how you are heating.....

Thanks, oh and if you can pop a picture up of the viv, and some close ups of the little ones, that would be awesome !

Hope this helps !
Janie.

cindyaguilarx3

Original Poster
they were housed together for a little while i have had them sepparated since i was told by everyone on here. i have a 50 watt sun glow baskin spot lamp and they get night and a heat rock i swich em off.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
cindyaguilarx3":3667d said:
they were housed together for a little while i have had them sepparated since i was told by everyone on here. i have a 50 watt sun glow baskin spot lamp and they get night and a heat rock i swich em off.
Ok substrate is fine and like was already said you must make sure the feeder is no larger then the space between the eyes.Also temps are very important how are you measuring them?If they are not accurate this could be what is causing the issue.DO NOT use a heat rock,these are very dangerous and should never be used for basking heat.Also I didnt notice you mention a UVB bulb,do you have one?The sunglo isnt a UVB bulb its just a basking bulb for heat and as beardies are diurnal they must have UVB in order to thrive.

cindyaguilarx3

Original Poster
P6010020.jpg

this was a while ago when they were together you can see the diffrence. the one on bottom is the one im worried about.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
No they all have UVA which is just basic lighting and not what they require to synthesize calcium and to grow their bones and survive.The basking bulb you have is meant for heating only in addition to that bulb you must get a linear fluorescent called a reptiSUN 10.0.There are other uvb bulbs however this in my opinion is the one most suitable for a beardie also tere are a few dangerous ones as well on the market.DO NOT get any coil or compact UVB and if at all possible stay away from the reptiGLO 10.0.The reptiglo 8.0 or the reptisun 5.0 are ok as well.You also must get a digital probe thermometer to measure the basking SURFACE temps whihc must be about 100-110F for a baby like yours.I would recommned ordering the bulb itself online as its generally half the price and I would get the fixture for it from a ardware store like home depot or lowes.You can get the probe online,pet store or many of us use the acurite indoor/outdoor thermometer with probe from walmart.I suspect your baby is fairly weak at the moment and if you make these corrections you will see improvements.This also needs to be done for you rother little one as well.As for feeders there are alot of great worms,phoenix are wonderful especially since they are high in calcium and dont require dusting.Also small silks,butters,even occasional wax worms are ok but those are high in fat so not daily.You are correct about the mealies you should definately keep away from those.I forgot to ask you are dusting with calcium and vitamins correct?

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Oh yes, I see the reason for worry. But help is here !

Now here is an excellent list for choosing foods that are healthy for your dragons:
http://www.beautifuldragons.503xtreme.com/Nutrition.html

I personally only feed roaches for the protein. So much cleaner, and no NOISE ! No stink either !

Wax worms can be offered 1-2 times a week as a snack !
Now you can also use Phoenix worms, though don't use any calcium on them as they come packed with their own ! Here is a link:
http://www.phoenixworm.com/servlet/StoreFront

You can also use silk worms too ! Link:
http://www.mulberryfarms.com/phoenix.htm

Crix, as you already know, roaches, and once they are over 16" in length you can offer Super worms !

I think you also are interested in a UVB. Here is the best Tube in the USA :
http://www.petmountain.com/product/reptile-fluorescent-bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html

You can also find all the calcium and vitamins here too !

I hope this all helped !
Janie.

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
You will also want to get that vitamin. Yes, they need calcium, but they also need vitamins ! Remember when your mother used to give you Flintstones ( or which ever) ? If you offer both, then you have given your babies a great start !

Could you tell us what size viv, this precious baby is in ?

This way we can offer you some options for UVB and heating ! :D

Hope this helps !
Janie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom