Diarrhea and/or firm and excess water

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys my Amber has had her appetite EXPLODE since she dropped her last clutch (30 eggs). She eats her greens a ton and is always looking out for bugs ie dubias crickets mealworms butterworms etc.

I thought her eating greens was a great thing so I didn't think anything of it but she has had a ton of excess water intake. Her poop is iffy one min it's moist a little watery and then today it was pure water is she eating too much greens??

I tried adding a sweet potato and she wouldn't touch her greens once she found out it had sweet potato in it. What's the best way to solidify and firm up her poop?

The 1st pic was her 2nd poop since laying her clutch and the 2nd pic is her poop today.

I also had fecal samples done about I would say 2-3 weeks ago or so my vet also said the poop is watery due to her greens so I'm sorta wondering if i should limit her greens.

Attachments

• IMG_20230611_165514.jpg
    IMG_20230611_165514.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20230613_122627.jpg
    IMG_20230613_122627.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 46

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
It is runny but i wouldn't limit the greens, I'm assuming your rinsing them and feeding wet, maybe let them dry for a bit before feeding. To my way of thinking an over hydrated beardie is better than an under hydrated beardie. 🙂 her system may just be off a little from being gravid also. I wouldn't stress to much unless it continues for a while.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
It is runny but i wouldn't limit the greens, I'm assuming your rinsing them and feeding wet, maybe let them dry for a bit before feeding. To my way of thinking an over hydrated beardie is better than an under hydrated beardie. 🙂 her system may just be off a little from being gravid also. I wouldn't stress to much unless it continues for a while.
I added a little zucchini and sweet potato to her greens and she ate the sweet potato surprisingly. I sorta had the same notion better to be over hydrated than under hydrated.

I try to squeeze most of the water out when I wash them I ALWAYS wash before I feed them I learned the hard way when she was a few weeks old

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Yeah same here, pesticides, bird poop you name it, I'm not feeding unwashed greens lol.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom