viv under bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

salmar

my crazy friend wants to get a savannah monitor and he says he's going to build a viv to fit under his bed. I tell him that he's retarded. but is it possible?

tupac105

depending on how high his bed is and how creative he is its completly possible. If he does the entire size of the bed thats a lot of space to move around and as far as i know monitors aren't big climbers anyways. My cuz has one and it just sits all day waiting for food. Your friend could even put it on wheels for easy access. And come to think of it under the bed is the #1 place where dust mites form so if he had allergies he would be eliminating a lot of sneezing too.

civicgrl88

Hatchling Member
putting a viv especially for a monitor lizard isnt a smart idea atleast in my opinion...those animals get huge and the height of the space between his bed and the floor wouldnt be enough unless its like 3 feet from the ground not to mention under the bed is a bad spot because it would have poor ventilation not to mention the fire hazard of keeping lights on under a bed with no room for air to flow through or heat to escape to

Some monitors are prolific climbers like green tree monitors. I am by no means an expert on monitors but a little common sense tells me that would be a horrible idea. For one thin it would almost certainly be a fire hazard as was mentioned before. Another issue would be the fact that the walls of the tank would get kicked often and aside from that your friend tossing and turning in bed would make a lot of noise and movement that could agitate the monitor. Most Beds are only 1 foot or so of the ground so that is really low for a lizard of that size and would completely rule out any climbing space.

If you had a lofted bed that was 3 foot off the ground and you allowed for space between the top of the viv and the bottom of the bed you might be able to pull it off.

Fogles

Juvie Member
What's the point of getting a reptile or even an animal at that if you can't even see the darn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom