Viv pics only thread

just a heads up for everyone. I know most people on here already use tiles in there beardies tank since i've changed from sand to tiles i have had a big issue with temperatures, i couldn't get the basking spot above 26 degrees, however i've found a low cost solution.
I've put heat insulation foil around the whole tank and underneath the tiles. This stuff is placed behind radiators to help keep the heat reflecting back into a room, it costs about £10 a roll (in the UK) and can be bought from any d.i.y shop. It's done the trick his temps are now at least 32 degrees.
My beardie is so much happier and active, just thought i'd share x

Sea2SJK

spencer451":84e0d said:
Cracker12-09014.jpg

Very nice background. Can beardie climb on the background??? I want some like that if Gony can climb on it and make it useful.

Sidewind75

Hatchling Member
OMG i thought i was doing good with my first BD housing but now i feel so smalle compaired to some of these..they are just amazing. Is sand really that bad..I keep hearing oposite sides of using sand or not?

Here is mine

MufasaHome.jpg

Klaes

I just finished my new viv! taken with a mobile. The beardie is 20 inches long btw so you can see how big his new home is!

And yes I will put in more stuff there;)

GlueStick

Sub-Adult Member
Sidewind75":02abc said:
OMG i thought i was doing good with my first BD housing but now i feel so smalle compaired to some of these..they are just amazing. Is sand really that bad..I keep hearing oposite sides of using sand or not?

Here is mine

MufasaHome.jpg

It's a nice setup but, how big is your cage? At least a 40 breeder I hope...

But sand is fine, however way you see and treat it. My beardy (2 yrs) is on playsand and he does well with it. I feed him outside of the enclosure as soon as a soils it...

My other beardy is kept on carpet. Because, well, she'll eat anything agressively and accurately. She'd probably eat sand just because! She's the wildfire of mine... My male is calmer and his licks aren't as accurate.

Sidewind75

Hatchling Member
Yes he is in a 40g I plan on getting or making a bigger one when i have the funds..i Hate having critters in small cages..just dosnt seem right to me. I love the Look of the crossfire one but i have no tools to make it

jrock282

Hi I am also building a new Viv. I will post you a picture when I am done, I really like the background on this viv like rock where did you get that back wall from or how did you build it? Can you let me know I am really wanting to do my viv like that.I have been thinking of so many ideas but this one suits the viv the best.
Thank you

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom