Viv pics only thread

tenchi80

UPDATE
I found a great deal on fake foliage from Hobby lobby. The single fake plant from a local pet shop wanted $17. I got theses from Hobby Lobby plus 4x more than what is pictured here, all different species of plant for $10.

(And don't worry I've got a Temp gun) :wink:
2067133450_06b33aafd4.jpg

2066343153_2f6ddd721a.jpg

2066335715_59e342a9f0.jpg

And the plants look way more realistic than any of the ones in the pet store! I should be getting my first BD, Ruth by Thursday! Hope all my studing pays off :study:

t®oUbLe

Juvie Member
Nice viv, like the rock work, might be a pain cleaning it once your BD has her first poo though
Whats that black bulb you have there?

TLSlusher

Hatchling Member
tenchi80":06a2e said:
I found a great deal on fake foliage from Hobby lobby. The single fake plant from a local pet shop wanted $17. I got theses from Hobby Lobby plus 4x more than what is pictured here, all different species of plant for $10.

I agree!! I bought about 7-8 thick vines with huge leaves on them for $7 at Michael's. I boiled them to make sure there wasn't any glue or ickies on them and they work GREAT!! All the petstores wanted like $30 for similar vines.. That is a great tip!!

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
RedHandFilms":f43c1 said:
Be careful when boiling fake leaves. Only do it if they are plastic. I tried it with silk leaves and they curled and shriveled up.

I wash mine by hand in the sink. Of course, I've never had to deal with coccidia, but if I did, I would just throw them out and get new ones after they got better. They're so cheap on sale at Michael's or somewhere else to make yourself. :D

alyel

Juvie Member
These pix are from like February ish. He's way bigger now. I just took a few things out to give him more room. We hopefully are making a new enclosure in a month or so :)

S5000568.jpg

S5000655.jpg

He never used the ladder so we just raised it up and connected it to the hammock on the other side lol. Of course, he's used the ladder once there too. Sheesh. So unappreciative ;) haha.

S5000656.jpg

dragondebs

Juvie Member
hi all
i'm new and getting my baby soon. i've been trying to get temp right on basking side. will my baby bother/eat the digital therm probe if i put it onto basking spot? i see in the viv pics it is...this may be my answer to why i can't get the temps just right on that side.
nice meeting you all, the more i read the more confused i get...i really want to do this right...i was afraid he'd chew or nibble and hurt himself as i heard they do...
thank you all

dolphingirl

Hatchling Member
Soon as I figure out how to post a pic I will. But, I do have a question. When I build Spike his new home this spring, I was thinking of putting tile on one side and sand on the other. (I know, I know) Spike loves to dig so I was going to build a small "sand box". Should the heat be on the tile side and cool on the sand side?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom