Viv pics only thread

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
The order in which we built ours is such: construct (glue and nail), stain, polyurethane and then after everything is dry, caulking in all of the inside corners and edges.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
I need to look at some pretty vivs to cheer me up. :) I've been itching to get going on my naturalistic projects, but everybody's on quarantine! :x

As some of you may know, Budo's been really sick for a long time and will sleep in dark corners if given the chance; his viv is completely cleared out. But I was in a decorative mood one day and decided to do a teeny bit of simple decorating for a few hours one day. Took it all right out in the end.
DSC00986-1.jpg

Here's a pic of his viv after cleaning; totally empty.
DSC00963.jpg

At one point I decorated Cu's (ball python) tank... I did replace the newspaper with eco earth.
Sadly, she is also on QT in a tub right now for parasite treatment, but, unlike Budo, she was never that sick. I think she has pinworm eggs or something; it wasn't even possible to tell from the first fecal sample. Anyways, I'm moving her back really soon.
DSC00964.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

Sangre (Borneo blood) has never had his viv decorated... actually, he doesn't even have a viv! He's in a tub until he's big enough for a permanent viv. I don't have the cash to buy AP cages for every stage of his growth. He's stuck in tubs until he's big enough for his 4x2x2.

jargonchipmunk

Juvie Member
zebraflavencs":8cc06 said:
This is my current project, almost done !
48"L x 40"H x 24"W ! Bright Colors !

GemimisViv.jpg

All I need to do is install the glass on swinging doors, install a custom made steps (being made now by our Gecko/New Beardie slave, Jargonchipmunk! shameless advertising) and an old waterfall that I filled in with Great Stuff, sand, and min wax polyurethane to seal in.

All in all I think that Gemini is going to love his new Home !
Janie.

haha I just saw this. awesome! lol

beardieload7

Hi, I'm new to the page and I have a crazy beardie named Shilo. His 20L tank was getting a little small for him so when I got back from deployment recently I decided to build him his new home. Its 4ftx2ftx2ft and I have a heat lamp on the left side and a new double light on the right. What I was wondering is what bulbs should I put on the right side. He's about 17-18in long and seems to be loving his new home. Its almost a challange for him to eat his crickets.
DSCF9700.jpg

DSCF9703.jpg

wizbee

Juvie Member
Welcome!! It looks like you have a good basic start to a nice home for your dragon. Lighting is very important because they need certain temperatures for digestion, and uvb for growing and strong bones. You will need a basking bulb which can be an ordinary house lightbulb as long as it gets the temperatures up around 98. Some like it hotter, and on the same side your uvb light so when he sits under the basking light he will also be getting the uvb. The uvb most recommended here is the Repti SUN not Glo 10.0 you can get it cheap at http://www.petmountain.com.
Do some more looking and check out the care sheets at the top of the page for lots of info. Ask any questions you'd like but maybe start a thread in general questions instead of enclosures.

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
I'm still so amazed at how good these look! Great job everybody! Looking at all these, I wish I had built my own. :D

Not stoked about the lighting situation... but we're getting there...

cagelongshot2.jpg

sullysbridge.jpg

bridge-platform-rock.jpg

fromotherside.jpg

However, really liking the tiles. Easy to pop out and clean, his nails are getting better day by day...
He also LOVES sitting on that platform and on what we call his "bridge" (the ramp that goes up to the platform). He looks so peaceful when he's sleeping. Its kind of funny though, I think he has more attitude now that he has more space...kind of like "hey lady, I"m the king of this castle!" But, he's still a sweetie most of the time...

I'm also very glad to have him eating away from sand, but I didn't want to go fully without sand because he REALLY likes to dig.

Oh PS the tiles all lay flat now rather than the kind of "piled" thing I did here...crickets were hiding in them. NOW THERE'S NO ESCAPE!!! hehe

mich

Hatchling Member
For sure! I have another enclosure set up if I need to kick anyone out haha I also watch very vigilantly when they eat, make sure everyone gets lots so no nipped toes and tails! And OMG are they pigs!!!!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sohaiko
Top Bottom