Vibrating Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJean

Extreme Poster
My daughter has told me a few times that she felt our Calypso vibrating. Calypso is a healthy dragon. Sometimes twitching is just that, twitching ormoving around to get comfy. I think it depends on the severity of it whether it is a great concern or not. Does it happen often, every day?

makubex01

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No, it doesnt vibrate everyday. But from time to time, i will see him twitching his head, tail, and stomach. I was worried he might have MBD but thats wierd since I have good lightings and the temps are right.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
If she isnt exhibiting any other signs and its sporadic in nature it may be fine but as I said if your gut is telling you somehting is wrong then I wouldnt ignore it.I dont know exactly whats going on since it isnt something I can see which is why I advised you follow the safe route.Also in regards to MBD while it is very doubtful there are rare cases where a beardie cannot actually absorb calcium correctly so regardless of proper lighting and supplements it will not actually absorb in their bodied.This does happen and can be diagnosed with a bloodtest however it cant be a normal calium test because that will show proper amounts of calcium in the blood it doesnt show the lack of absorption into the bones.A vet can do this test for you.You can just watch carefully at the moment and see if it persists further or if the symptoms increase just make sure you have a good herp vet handy should the need arise.

LJean

Extreme Poster
The vibrating thing is weird to me too. My other dragon hadn't ever done it that I know of. Calypso doesn't twitch per se and only does strange things when shedding, LOL

I hope all is well with your dragon.

makubex01

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks. I'm thinking I should bring it to the vet for a blood test as Vickson say once I get down to the city. I was wondering how much does the blood test cost at the vet?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Honestly I dont know because its different for every vet.Mine charges 25$ but I have seen them for less and I have seen them for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom