Very Nervous... Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
you guys are awesome. I can't believe the amount of patience you've had with me:) I'm working super hard to save him. I'm 16 years old and one of the reasons I'm so invested in this is because I'm looking into veterinary science as a major when I go to college. I'm going to try everything I can and your advice has helped me so much. Thank you.

P.S. The heat lamp is a red bulb and I'm using one reptisun 10.0 strip light. how close should he be able to get to the uvb light?

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
good day so far. I got Boji to actually drink water for the first time and the skin on his tail is actually starting to shed.

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he's jut been basking all day long. he's been climbing on me a little more when I hold him though

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
That definitely sounds like a plus, he must be happy with his new bulb!! Thanx, Mommy (from him, not me).. :lol:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
We KNOW you're working super hard to save him and that's why we're offering all the suggestions we can. :wink: Awesome that you are looking into veterinary science, that sounds great, good for you. :)

I would like to offer another suggestion. The brighter their tanks are, the better they like it so we always recommend using a bright white basking bulb. I think you said the one you have been using is 75 watts so if you have a 75 watt standard household light bulb on hand (or can get one), would highly suggest switching to that and to be safe, recheck the temps. The white basking bulbs are easier on their eyes and also help their eyes to constrict correctly as needed.They should be able to get 6 to 8" from the UVB while sitting in the basking spot.

Great to hear that he drank some water & is also starting to shed his tail. And that he has been basking a lot AND even climbing. :p

Thanks for the update.

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I read a few things about something called reptaboost? Is this something I could be looking into to 'boost' his appetite?

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
I thought that was a probiotic and could be used in drinking water, since beardies don't drink all that much if any drinking water I'd use pedialyte in the bathing water instead, but could be wrong.. I'm sure someone else will chime in.. I thought it was used to rehydrate which plenty of baths would do much of the same..

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It's supposed to help with dehydration, appetite, and energy levels in fast growing reptiles and that's exactly what I need! I think I'll pick some up tomorrow unless someone advises against it.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
You're going to bathe him in part that and part warm water right?? It can't hurt and worth a try... I hope it does give him a boost, you guys deserve a break..

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, you can use Reptoboost in the bath water too. I found this info for you. Read the post by MissT, the 2nd post down on this page. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB0QFjAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.beardeddragon.org%2Fbjive%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fp%3D1014740&ei=YCWqU5uSC8KMqAaf7oKQDw&usg=AFQjCNHwx4IRWG0SDkwQfwvxzHg1WLC03g

I found this info too.
REPTOBOOST is a probiotic combination of bacteria, enzymes, electrolytes and vitamins. Its high palatability means it can be added to the drinking water making its use simple for all species of reptiles. It is also ideal for use by stomach tube in rehydrating reptiles which have become dehydrated.

REPTOBOOST contains:
· probiotic organisms which live for a short time in the gut, helping to stabilise the pH.
· electrolytes to aid in maintaining adequate levels in reptiles with diarrhoea which lose electrolytes
- and maltodextrins for sustained energy

It is only necessary for probiotics to live a short time to establish the right conditions. By their combined action the ingredients help to create and maintain slightly acidic conditions in the gut to provide the correct background for the reptiles own flora to re-stabilise.

The electrolytes and dextrose incorporated into REPTOBOOST also contribute in a major way.

A very important aspect is the use by the veterinary surgeon in reptiles which are under treatment with antibacterials where the normal flora may be unbalanced and a bloom of inappropriate bacteria may occur causing perhaps haemorrhagic enteritis.

For support of stressed reptiles use 4g (one scoop) per 500ml of drinking water.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You're welcome. Critical Care formula would work too. I still think you should use a probiotic too. My beardies have always loved Benebac gel, you should be able to find that in a pet store, possibly in the Bird section as the package you want is marked BIRD/REPTILE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Godaxus
Top Bottom