Very Nervous... Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacody

Sub-Adult Member
Keep it up and don't give up, May take a couple to respond to the reptaboost, but hope better days are on the horizon...

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Great that he has more energy and is taking the Repta Boost well. Agree with jacody that it may take a little while for the boost to kick in in order to help with his feeder appetite. You're doing great though. :wink:

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
hey guys, need some more advice. Boji always seems to have one eye closed, is that from the coil bulb I used to use? Also, is it a bad idea to force feed him a worm?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Has he had one eye closed ever since or does he just close it once in a while?

It really isn't a good idea to force feed at all unless absolutely necessary. It's very stressful for them and can cause choking if they don't chew the worm up correctly.

How is he doing with the Repto boost? How is he acting otherwise?

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'd say it's closed 70% of the time. He slept all day under his rock. He's pretty active, eating the baby food, but no matter how I try to entice him with the worms he just doesn't care. It's frustrating. I'm worried if he doesn't eat the feeders he's not gonna make it much longer. I'm leaving for an 11 day vacation next week, and I don't have someone that can devote so much time to him. I don't know what I'll do if he's not eating by then...

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you feeding the boost too? Is he running around at all?

Are you still using the red basking bulb or were you able to change it to a white household light bulb?

Would you be able to post a picture of him and your setup to see if we can perhaps make some suggestions? If you could post a picture of his eye, either open or closed, that would be good.

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yes, I'm still feeding the reptaboost. He only runs around when I am holding/ trying to feed him. I haven't had a chance to change the red bulb yet. Could that be the problem? Lights out was at 9, so yes, I'll try to take some detailed pictures tomorrow when I get back from work around noon.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The red lights can be rough on their eyes as they don't allow their eyes to dilate properly. A bright white basking bulb is very important and helps increase their appetite, activity level and their total well being. What is the wattage of the red bulb? If you could use a standard white household bulb of the same wattage and then recheck the temps, that would be a good idea.

I don't remember, could you remind me of the type of thermometer you're using and what the tank temps are?

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update-
switched the red bulb to a 100w clear bulb (I know that's a really high wattage but they didn't have much to choose from and I have a dimmer on the switch)

I did feed Boji a worm, just opened up the front of his mouth very carefully and put in the head of the worm, he ate the rest of it, he seemed to swallow it fine and not be choking or anything. Afterwards he had no stress marks on his belly so I hope it wasn't too traumatizing...

I looked closer at the eye that's bothering him, and on the lower eyelid it looks like there is something stuck in there. It's hard to see in the pictures, but here is his eye closed and open

Lastly, here is the picture of his enclosure (the dixie cup is holding his worms)

suikajusu

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I guess I accidentally bought a halogen bulb. Will that still work or should I return it?

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He may have a piece of skin in his eye, sometimes that happens. You could pick up some Turtle eye drops from the pet store or saline eye wash like humans use to wash foreign bodies out of their eyes which you could find at a drug store. Make sure it isn't for contact lenses though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom