Veiled chameleon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
Hi my mom just bought a baby veiled chameleon this weekend and I was wondering if anyone can give use some good sites and advice

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there ! Hopefully she got a healthy one, and as far as chameleons go, veileds are the best as far as hardiness. Did she get any advice from the breeder ? Be sure to have plenty of fake plants and spray the enclosure twice a day, the cham. will drink from the leaves. No need for a water bowl or baths. Basking temp. about 90 -95, UVB bulb is a MUST. Dust the small crickets [ or fruit flies] with calcium powder once a day, and feed it several times a day. You can tell the sex of it by looking at the back feet. At the back of the " heel" will be small bumps called spurs" if it is a male. Males are to be preferred because the become extremely beautiful. Females are just plain green for the most part....if you have a female, you will need to put a container of potting soil, at least 10 -12" deep when she gets to be 5 - 6 months old. They can become eggbound if they don't have something to lay eggs in [ many of them will develop infertile eggs ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom