**Update** Adventures of Rocky the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky has been with us for just over a month and I think it's safe to say, he's settling in nicely.

I was leaving the house a few days ago and when I went to say "bye" to Rocky, I noticed that his hammock had fallen down. I didn't have time to fix it, so I moved him away from it and left it down; hoping that he wouldn't get back on it. Well...as we all know, our dragons LOVE their hammocks. This is what I found when I returned home, a few hours later:

Rocky, back on his fallen hammock. Using his tail to hold him up.

I decided to remove the hammock altogether for a while. Rocky was having none of that. From that day forward, he has been pooping on his basking spot, right where his hammock had been. And then he lays in it. I think this is an all out "Hammock Protest."

I had to give him a bath to get the poo off his belly and he tried his best to escape.

I want to put paper towels down on his basking spot to make clean up easier, but this guy is terrified of them! He freaks out every time I come near his tank with paper towels in my hand.

I am such a proud beardie mama. I love this guy and can't wait to share more of his adventures.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rocky got out for a little bit today to run around the house. I thought he would go for his usual spot...a snooze with the shoes. But not this time. I found him flat as a pancake in front of the fireplace.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I love it. :D I've got one just like him...

Come to think of it, more often than not, both my beardie and me tend to end up wiped out after a full day of doing absolutely nothing, even when there are better things to do. Skip the running around the house (as well as the housework) and sack out in front of the heater. :roll:

I seem to recall that Christopher Robin once told Winnie the Pooh that what he liked doing best was "just doing nothing", and Winnie the Pooh asked him how to do that, and he said something like, "That's when people ask you what you're going to do, and you say 'nothing', and then you go, and you do it." :wink:

Maybe Rocky's got the right idea about how to get through the winter. :?

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":3lh6vcag said:
I love it. :D I've got one just like him...

Come to think of it, more often than not, both my beardie and me tend to end up wiped out after a full day of doing absolutely nothing, even when there are better things to do. Skip the running around the house (as well as the housework) and sack out in front of the heater. :roll:

I seem to recall that Christopher Robin once told Winnie the Pooh that what he liked doing best was "just doing nothing", and Winnie the Pooh asked him how to do that, and he said something like, "That's when people ask you what you're going to do, and you say 'nothing', and then you go, and you do it." :wink:

Maybe Rocky's got the right idea about how to get through the winter. :?

If only I had just ONE day to do absolutely nothing! I'm looking forward to our first big snowfall so that I can snuggle with Rocky in front of the fireplace for days on end.

I love the Christopher Robin reference. Rarely do we say we are doing "nothing" and then actually do it!

Rocky definitely has the right idea about winter...total slug!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Yes, I really can't afford to spend a whole day doing nothing either, but I end up doing it way too often anyway. (My "get up and go" got up and went years ago :( )

My husband calls Puff a "lazy dragon" for laying around worshiping light bulbs all day, even since we got him a new one with more UV, but I remind him that Puff is actually very busy making Vitamin D. And I remind Puff that his "daddy" works very hard to earn us all a living so that we don't have to hunt for our own crickets and roaches and greens and other human foods because "mommy" would starve without a grocery store and a microwave oven, so when daddy sleeps for half the day on his day off, it doesn't mean he's lazy, it means he's tired. Mommy has no excuse :roll:

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
"Seriously, Mom? I can't even poop in the tub without you taking a picture." :x

(Rocky doing his pre-poo body wiggling in his bath this morning.)

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
"Since you took a pic of me pooping in the bath yesterday, I'm going to get you back by doing a big one in my tank this morning. Only problem is, I'm PETRIFIED of my poop! Help! Get this thing out of here!"

The look of desperation on his face makes me laugh. :lol:

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Weekly Weigh in: 690 grams!!! and that was after 2 poops in 2 days.

Congrats, Rocky on keeping your weight up! So happy that he's still eating like a champ and not loosing weight. Hopefully this means that his health is not going down hill just yet. :blob8: :blob8:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
They do seem to be able to fall asleep in some really strange positions, and still manage to look comfortable for all that, :wink: and then not seem any the worse for wear the next day :sleepy2: 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom