**Update** Adventures of Rocky the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky has been with us for just over a month and I think it's safe to say, he's settling in nicely.

I was leaving the house a few days ago and when I went to say "bye" to Rocky, I noticed that his hammock had fallen down. I didn't have time to fix it, so I moved him away from it and left it down; hoping that he wouldn't get back on it. Well...as we all know, our dragons LOVE their hammocks. This is what I found when I returned home, a few hours later:

Rocky, back on his fallen hammock. Using his tail to hold him up.

I decided to remove the hammock altogether for a while. Rocky was having none of that. From that day forward, he has been pooping on his basking spot, right where his hammock had been. And then he lays in it. I think this is an all out "Hammock Protest."

I had to give him a bath to get the poo off his belly and he tried his best to escape.

I want to put paper towels down on his basking spot to make clean up easier, but this guy is terrified of them! He freaks out every time I come near his tank with paper towels in my hand.

I am such a proud beardie mama. I love this guy and can't wait to share more of his adventures.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Argh... Just survived our 2nd power outage in the past 3 days. :angry5: Got home from work and Rocky's belly was ice cold. My kiddos wrapped him up in his blankie and tried to keep him warm until I could snuggle with him a bit. Power is finally back on and he's now happily basking.

Fingers crossed that the power stays on all night. I'd hate to have to call my boss tomorrow and explain that I can't come to work because "My dragon needs me to keep his belly warm." I just don't think she'd understand. :lol:

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
However... it would be great to casually overhear that conversation and have no clue what the person was talking about! But on a serious note, I hope you power stays on!! That's got to be scary coming home to a cold dragon :( could you grab some hand warmers?

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Zombiepanda":1vkuar63 said:
However... it would be great to casually overhear that conversation and have no clue what the person was talking about! But on a serious note, I hope you power stays on!! That's got to be scary coming home to a cold dragon :( could you grab some hand warmers?

Handwarmers and foot warmers were next on the list if the power did not come on as soon as it did. I've used them in the past and they've helped warm up his belly in a pinch.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
My sweet boy hasn't moved an inch all day. I really wanted to snuggle with him tonight, but didn't want to disturb his nap. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. Hopefully just a little winter slow down and nothing to worry about.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Awww :love5: They look so cute when they're all tucked in and sleepy like that :sleepy2:

Our beardie usually gets a bedtime cuddle, unless he's already this far zoned out, or unless (and I hate to admit this) his human slaves are too tired to do anything but turn out the lights and cover the tank :(

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rocky decided that if it was going to snow tonight, he was going to be prepared.
Tonight he is modeling a scarf and ear muffs by Makers Mark. :lol:

***For the record, Makers Mark doesn't make beardie clothes; but OMG they should!! I am a brand ambassador and every year they send me a holiday gift. I've had the scarf and ear muffs (to decorate bottles) for years and just tonight thought to try them on Rocky. Crazy, but sooo darn cute!

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Omg adorable!!! The pampered beardie finally came back and I got to browse the store. Maggie will definilty be getting some things from there so that she can be as cool as Rocky

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
MufasasMomMakayla":1dl7stuw said:
Rocky is such a cutie!! My girls would kill me if I tried to put them in any sort of outfit :lol: :lol:

Funny thing about this picture is that he was wide awake and refused to hold his head up while I put the ear muffs on. He probably figured I'd give up if he was sleeping. :lol:

just finished reading all 8 pages of your posts about rocky. He looks amazing and I love all the funny pictures. I see you haven't posted in awhile how's he doing now?

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
OzzieBorealis":2vvar4p9 said:
just finished reading all 8 pages of your posts about rocky. He looks amazing and I love all the funny pictures. I see you haven't posted in awhile how's he doing now?

Thanks for asking about Rocky! He seems to be doing quite well. He is eating like a champ and keeping his weight up...still at 682g! Currently, he is active just about every other day, with long naps in between. I'm assuming he's doing his own weird version of brumation. But since I don't have much history on him, who knows.

We are enjoying every day with him! He's such a great, little guy. So happy that he found his way into our home. :blob8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tangel256
Top Bottom