**Update** Adventures of Rocky the Rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocky has been with us for just over a month and I think it's safe to say, he's settling in nicely.

I was leaving the house a few days ago and when I went to say "bye" to Rocky, I noticed that his hammock had fallen down. I didn't have time to fix it, so I moved him away from it and left it down; hoping that he wouldn't get back on it. Well...as we all know, our dragons LOVE their hammocks. This is what I found when I returned home, a few hours later:

Rocky, back on his fallen hammock. Using his tail to hold him up.

I decided to remove the hammock altogether for a while. Rocky was having none of that. From that day forward, he has been pooping on his basking spot, right where his hammock had been. And then he lays in it. I think this is an all out "Hammock Protest."

I had to give him a bath to get the poo off his belly and he tried his best to escape.

I want to put paper towels down on his basking spot to make clean up easier, but this guy is terrified of them! He freaks out every time I come near his tank with paper towels in my hand.

I am such a proud beardie mama. I love this guy and can't wait to share more of his adventures.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
It never ceases to amaze me how bearded dragons can do the "evil" stare, and still manage to be incredibly CUTE at the same time :?
Rocky seems to be especially good at it, even for a beardie :D

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":3su1oglv said:
It never ceases to amaze me how bearded dragons can do the "evil" stare, and still manage to be incredibly CUTE at the same time :?
Rocky seems to be especially good at it, even for a beardie :D

It's so hard not to laugh when he gives his "evil" stare; especially when I know that he is really just a big softie and snuggle bug under all of those scales.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
In other news... I just scheduled Rocky a vet appointment for Monday afternoon. He's been doing some funky breathing off and on over the past few days. Hoping to get an x-ray to see if his tumor is starting to spread. Trying my best to keep positive thoughts. :(

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I've noticed that "funky breathing" (depending on how funky) doesn't always mean something is wrong, at least not with our beardie. Sometimes he's just excited about something or just some strange mood, although it gets scary when you start thinking about what else it could be (adenovirus, in our case).

So I hope for the best for Rocky.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Rocky had a good vet visit last Monday. X-ray did not show anything and the vet couldn't find a reason for his funky breathing. So for now, we will continue on with him as we have the for the past 10 months and hope and pray that he stays healthy as long as he can.

Rocky Pic of the Day:
I don't know what or who rubbed him the wrong way, but he's currently sleeping in full-on pissed-off mode.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
That looks like it would be uncomfortable for anyone but a bearded dragon.

Also glad to hear they didn't find anything. Did anyone mention "remission"? (10 months is a long time in the life of a bearded dragon.) That would be cool. :)

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
SHBailey":1rnky835 said:
That looks like it would be uncomfortable for anyone but a bearded dragon.

Also glad to hear they didn't find anything. Did anyone mention "remission"? (10 months is a long time in the life of a bearded dragon.) That would be cool. :)

No mention or talk of "remission." Honestly, I didn't even think of it. I've just been assuming that his health would rapidly decline due to both the tumor and yellow fungus. Remission would be awesome!

The vet was happy to see that there are no obvious signs of tumor re-growth at the original site. And the fact that nothing was seen on the x-ray was comforting. Hoping for many more years of snuggles and "evil stares" with this guy. :)

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today we celebrate Rocky! Hard to believe that it's been 1 year since we adopted him. Honestly, we weren't sure if he'd be around for this wonderful day. He's as happy and healthy as can be and we are hopeful for another year of head bobs and snuggles in front of the fireplace. Cheers to you, Rocky! Let's get this party started!! :blob8:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Congratulations! :blob5: :blob8:
Too cute, :lol: but I'm trying to figure out the expression on his face. Maybe something like, "If this is supposed to be a birthday party, then where's the cricket cake?" :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom