Unreasonable stress marks on juvenile dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont know what this is reptisun flourescent 100 watt bulb is? What is the basking bulb ---- the 100 watt bulb is the basking bulb? --- you only need one basking bulb ---- the one that is going to keep your temps 105-110 for your baby---- the other I am assuming is the coil UVB? That will emit no heat --- and right now its basically not doing anything since your tank is a 40 gallon tank --- do you still have the box that the bulbs came in?
Karrie

Dylanjk819

Original Poster
KarrieRee":f6hanycn said:
I dont know what this is reptisun flourescent 100 watt bulb is? What is the basking bulb ---- the 100 watt bulb is the basking bulb? --- you only need one basking bulb ---- the one that is going to keep your temps 105-110 for your baby---- the other I am assuming is the coil UVB? That will emit no heat --- and right now its basically not doing anything since your tank is a 40 gallon tank --- do you still have the box that the bulbs came in?
Karrie
It's the 10.0 uvb reptisun compacted fluorescent lamp.and the other is a 100 watt zoomed repti basking spot lamp which keeps my temp 110
And no I don't have the boxes anymore lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Got it - yes get rid of the compact coil-- you need to get a single done--- I can't see the top of your tank and it's really dark
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Yes that is what you need-- go here http://www.reptilesupplyco.com
There is the same hood there for $49.99
Check that website out - check how long before shipping I think they are out of CA - I would call them tomorrow and talk to them about how long before you get it most of these hoods come w/ a 5.0 the bulb is not as strong as the 10.0 so you need to get the 10.0 T 5 bulb
Karrie

Dylanjk819

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2n3z7edn said:
Yes that is what you need-- go here http://www.reptilesupplyco.com
There is the same hood there for $49.99
Check that website out - check how long before shipping I think they are out of CA - I would call them tomorrow and talk to them about how long before you get it most of these hoods come w/ a 5.0 the bulb is not as strong as the 10.0 so you need to get the 10.0 T 5 bulb
Karrie
I'm ordering everything tmrw. Total comes out 90 dollars for everything and since I live on the east coast, I have to wait 5-7 business days. I'm also waiting for my roaches from them lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good deal ---- in the mean time you can get little one out in the sun --- you can place him in a plastic tote NO glass in direct sunlight/ partial shade for 15 minutes NO longer you dont want to burn him up ---- watch him - you can do this several times per day til you get your UVB --- 15 minutes outside in the sun will equal out to about 4 hrs of UVB
Karrie

Dylanjk819

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1thqcy4i said:
Ok good deal ---- in the mean time you can get little one out in the sun --- you can place him in a plastic tote NO glass in direct sunlight/ partial shade for 15 minutes NO longer you dont want to burn him up ---- watch him - you can do this several times per day til you get your UVB --- 15 minutes outside in the sun will equal out to about 4 hrs of UVB
Karrie
It's just the thing is that he's still eating. I read of that a symptom of beardies not getting enough uvb is not eating

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
This is true they cannot absorb the calcium ----- get him out in the sun like I posted and then try feeding him after hes been out
Karrie

Dylanjk819

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3iqlyt0v said:
This is true they cannot absorb the calcium ----- get him out in the sun like I posted and then try feeding him after hes been out
Karrie
No, he IS eating

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok good so has the new UVB come and in? I am sorry I post so many post about lighting I have a hard time keeping up :lol: or have you just shut the coil off?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom