Tyrus' Crazy Tactics- new pics pg5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, it't been a while since I posted any pics of Tyrus (formerly Deanie) As some of you know we had a quick bout with MBD, I corrected all husbandry errors and hes been growing like a weed since.

Here is the before (June 05/2011)
5 inches long and 3.3g
IMG_0159.jpg

And here he is today (Dec 26/2011) Weighing in at 299g at this point and approx 15inches long
Tyrus2011008.jpg

I cant believe how fast they grow!

Here are some pics I liked from today and last week.

His tail was a new form of stylish hat.
IMG_0391.jpg

Puffing up to grab that morning UVB lol
IMG_0420.jpg

His tank: (which he is quicky outgrowing! must build a custom enclosure
Tyrus2011006.jpg

Such a Purdy Face:
Tyrus2011009.jpg

No shortage on spikes:
Tyrus2011010.jpg

Crazy glass dancing that occurs for about 2 hours every morning
Tyrus2011003.jpg

Thanks for looking!! Feel free to comment lol

Kalyn

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
WOW Tyrus is HUGE. Too funny about puberty. Chief does show is butt a little bit, too. Not too badly because Otto will scold him and Chief actually does listen to his Daddy. :D

I'm bummed for you about the AV test for Tyrus. :( We have 6 dragons, so who knows we may very well have a positive, too. I am glad you are not letting it get under your skin and you are not devastated. There is no reason to expect him to ever have any symptoms or ever get sick. I have a question and a thought about this - have you thought about giving him things that would boost or support his immune system? I was thinking about you last night. We give Papa Smurf liquid B vitamins to support his immune system and his nervous system. Would this be a good life-long supplement for an infected beardie? Or is there a risk of over-supplementation? I'm not trying to advise you in any way, you know I don't have experience with this at all. But if it could help in the long road in any way it is worth investigating.

I think it is funny how some dragons will blackbeard and some will just go grey to dark grey. Every single day Papa Smurf has a black beard at some point. It's so silly.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hehe Tyrus looks so small to me lol, I will have to ask Tracie about immune support for Tyrus.

I am just Soo happy that I haven't crossed the virus to Hoodoo that's the last thing he needs at 11yrs old.
I was thinking about it and I used to have a red tail boa. I got Tyrus after she passed, I think she had adeno..I never even knew reptiles could get it at that time. Anyway long story short Tyrus may have contracted it from my snake tank or he came with it since he is a petsmart dragon I would believe that too.

Hoodoo's beard goes jet black when he's upset lol Tyrus is a grey to dark grey guy.. Up until a couple weeks ago I had never seen a dark beard on him not even slightly grey lol grumpy guts!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
I'm happy Hoodoo doesn't have adeno, but I'm sad that Tyrus does :( But I'm happy that you're not getting all upset and distraught over it. There are many beardies who have adeno who live happy lives. I'm sure that with you as Tyrus' owner, he'll be the healthiest Beardie and live a very long time just like Hoodoo. 11 years old? Wow, that's awesome!

Tyrus, stop being a grumpy dude and lighten up. Listen to Kalyn & eat. :D

That's interesting that Hoodoo & Tyrus have different shades of their beard when they black beard. I've seen KD slightly black beard when I spooked him, but Fiz has never done it. I like to think of KD as the mean one, because he hurt Fiz & black beards all the time. I think of Fiz as the sweet, little one because he's never hurt anything but bugs in his entire life & has never black bearded. Although, he does show some hatred toward my dog... LOL

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tyrus ate 15 crix for breaky today yay! He is sticking his nose up to butterworms at the moment. He really wants the supers. Right now he's running around his room like a mad man until he finds a dark place then he tries to snuggle in and sleep. He's getting orange in his beard! Cannot wait to see what the next shed brings

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Orange in his beard is going to look so nice. Beauty has kind of a dull body but a bright orange beard and it really stands out. It's my favorite part of her! I've never fed my dragons butterworms, but we just ordered some from Mulberry Farms, so they will be here on Tuesday. I hope they like them because they were kinda expensive. :shock: All my dragons found their dark corners and are sleeping right now, too. Awww. :D

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
A few pics of Tyrus from recently.

"Check out ma muscles!"
db767c4f.jpg

"I miss my old tank"
b1604a80.jpg

"I told you I want the supers! Not these disgusting things!"
c69f8241.jpg

This pic shows Tyrus' true nature, very calm and happy
75823651.jpg

This kind of shows the orange on his beard, it's taken with my phone so not great..
962f6958.jpg

And Hoodoo being grumpy in the bath the other day.

"I told you I don't want a bath!!"
2c198a28.jpg

I hope you enjoyed!

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks Brandon! He's still just a big sensitive baby, gets all grey beard when he doesn't get things his way exactly and sulks under his hammock.

He's a great addition to my crazy house lol

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Tyrus looked very Chief-like! That's what we call that muscular stance. LOL. I can't get enough of Hoodoo. That grumpy picture is priceless.

DragonRudy

Hatchling Member
He is such a cool-looking guy! Actually, they both are...the old man too! :D I just had to laugh at the pic of Tyrus glass dancing at the back of his tank. Rudy does that all the time, too. So funny!
He was so tiny when you got him. Both my babies are Petsmart babies, too. My little one I just got on Monday is 5" and 6 g. Can't believe anything could be lighter than LuLu, but Tyrus had her beat at 3.3g! Amazing comeback! Congrats! :blob8: :blob5:

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you guys for the kind words, Tyrus still spends at least an hour a day voraciously glass dancing even though I let him out to run around once a day.. Im lucky its during the day. When Hoodoo was 2 years old he strted glass dancing at 2am without fail every day..luckily he now sleeps his nights away.Even though I let him out to run around once a day. Yesterday he ran through his poop Ick, Tyrus and Hoodoo give me three mins to clean it up or they wear it :puke:

I had an old friend over last night and ever since day one Hoodoo really dislikes her. Hes all hissing and blackbearding... I tried to get her to hold him but he would look right at her face hiss and make a running jump to the floor lol (and he fights me on the serrapeptase :roll: )

I tried to get pics but due to low light conditions they didn't turn out..

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hey all!

Some pics for your viewing pleasure :D

Tyrus as a baby, stumbled on this pic..couldn't resist!
IMG_0218.jpg

The hide I'm taking my sweet time with
94ccb466.jpg

Bath time!
e5b31471.jpg

Hiding out Hoodoo
ad3abd16.jpg

Hoodoos tank for seniors
4e7109b9.jpg

Yay!!

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Hoodoo's tank for seniors! Awwww that is so sweet. Reminds me of Papa Smurf's tank, in a way. I really like the hide you have started. I'm impressed with how professional it looks. Those staggered rock sides are so natural looking. Very cool. And the itty bitty baby picture! So teeny...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom