Tyrus' Crazy Tactics- new pics pg5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, it't been a while since I posted any pics of Tyrus (formerly Deanie) As some of you know we had a quick bout with MBD, I corrected all husbandry errors and hes been growing like a weed since.

Here is the before (June 05/2011)
5 inches long and 3.3g
IMG_0159.jpg

And here he is today (Dec 26/2011) Weighing in at 299g at this point and approx 15inches long
Tyrus2011008.jpg

I cant believe how fast they grow!

Here are some pics I liked from today and last week.

His tail was a new form of stylish hat.
IMG_0391.jpg

Puffing up to grab that morning UVB lol
IMG_0420.jpg

His tank: (which he is quicky outgrowing! must build a custom enclosure
Tyrus2011006.jpg

Such a Purdy Face:
Tyrus2011009.jpg

No shortage on spikes:
Tyrus2011010.jpg

Crazy glass dancing that occurs for about 2 hours every morning
Tyrus2011003.jpg

Thanks for looking!! Feel free to comment lol

Kalyn

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you for all the kind words, I'm quite pleased with his progress. :D

On a side note: Tyrus got a brand new 40g breeder to call his own last night. And although he wasn't too impressed at first; he is now creamy and ate a nice big breaky of crickets and butterworms. I will upload pics either later today or tomorrow!

Kalyn

ToriH00

Wow! My little baby will be that big one day?? :shock:

He's gorgeous! I love all the spikes he has!

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks guys, when I first laid eyes on him he didn't have a single spike lol smooth as a leather. You can imagine my surprise at the size of his spikes now :shock: my cute little baby is growing up all too quickly!

Kalyn

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
LOL! He fights with that crazy guy everyday for at least two hours, especially now that he has a new tank with no background.

I apologize for the lack of pics and I have no excuse.. :oops:

Kalyn

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Tyrus is a very submissive dragon, he's an arm waver not a head bobber, I don't think he even knows that he can turn his beard black lol. Hoodoo runs all over his tank doin his old man head bob it's a lot slower than it used to be :lol: if hoodoo falls off his log hide he gets up and head bobs for everyone to see he's a tough guy and he meant to fall over. They crack me up!

Kalyn

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
Papa Smurf tries to mangle the 'face' on the other side of his tank, too....every morning. :angry5: :angry5: He even blackbeards. I keep thinking he will get over it and get used to it but he hasn't!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I finally found your thread!! :mrgreen:

How is the big man Tyrus doing lately? :mrgreen:

-Brandon

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
I never noticed how full his spikes are! (Like everyone else admires :D)

By far, they're the best spikes I've seen on a bearded dragon, or any dragon for that matter! Hahah! They suit him well.

Tyrus is absolutely adorable. I love your thread, Kalyn!

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hehe Brandon finally caught us, Tyrus is going through puberty it would seem lol he's very grumpy the last couple weeks and hiding under is hammock most of the day with a dark beard. He also is trying to make me give in and give him supers again! I'm going through the same thing as Christina and Travis :? Since he hasn't been eating much other than the odd butterworm he dropped 15g so far. He was at 365g a couple weeks ago, then three days ago he was at 350g. GRRRR I just want him to eat and grow!

As for getting a measurement on him he won't stop running around long enough for me to measure him and he sleeps under his hammock all curled up I have him guesstimated at 18.5 inches.

Pumpkinjelly thank you for the compliment I'll pass it on to Tyrus maybe it will lighten his mood lol. His head spikes are getting longer everyday and he let's me know when he doesn't want to be held by thrashing with them lol he wants to run run run!

I had both Hoodoo and Tyrus tested for adenovirus through Tracie. Drumroll please..

Hoodoo is negative--yay!!!

Tyrus is positive--boo! Not happy but not devestated.

I'll try to update with pics soon. I'm using my iPhone for the most part stupid pc keeps freezing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom