Two-Headed Bearded Dragon with Six Legs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Everyone,
Very positive thread once the judgments were put aside. All of us can learn from situations such as these. After all, we are all here for the same reason, right, the passion for bearded dragons.
Keep it positive, please.
Thanks,
Tracie
Oh PS, they are very cute little dragons. :D

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Hello Todd,

I for one want to apologize for judging you in haste. Now that I have read more background on you and the direction you are going with Pancho and Lefty, I realize you truly are in this for the wonder and not the so-called "freakish" side of these little miracles.
Most of the people on this forum are here for the love of these creatures and we can sometimes be a bit overprotective when it comes to their care and well being.
I am glad we did not scare you off and that you are willing to share Pancho and Lefty with us. We more than welcome you to the boards and hope to follow, along with you, the progress and life of these amazing little creatures.

Again... Welcome to BeardedDragon.org :D

sara24354

Sub-Adult Member
Ray,
Thanks so much for coming back and posting!!!!!!!!! Zak-n-Wheezie hold a special place in my heart as seeing them and Mrs. Barbara's care of them,plus all the other beardies here that get such special love and care are the reason that I now have 2 beardies. My babies are normal one headed darlings and I love them dearly,but seeing how people here love their beardies and how well Zak-n-Wheezie are loved and cared for inspired me to get my own beardies. I learn something new every day.I am looking forward to seeing Poncho(?) and Lefty,I haven't even looked at pics yet..........I want to learn more!!!!!!!!!!
Sara
Oh my stars!!!!!!!!!What adorable babies!!!! I just went to look at the AOL story,and they are so cut,very bright colors!!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hello Todd! Barbara here and pleased to meet you. I too am glad that you were able to overlook the outburst of passion from the welcoming crew. :lol: Though after hearing more about you and your amazing creatures I'm sure you are use to this type of thing. :lol: :wink: However we are a really nice bunch of people here. :wink:

I'm Central California in September we usually make an appearance at the NARBC in Anaheim...maybe this year we can plan on adding visiting you and your amazing creatures into our trip South. It would be nice to actually meet up some day. :)

I want to say that your babies are beautiful :love5: ....they look like they are doing very well. :D

Amazing how they are with one another isn't it? Of course being they hatched that way they really don't know they are different...to them it's normal. :D I am free to talk anytime you have a question, concern, or just want to chat. PM me for my number if you'd like.

I found that with my boys in the beginning that even though they were able to chase the live food and get it that one would seem to get more. This is something you want to pay close attention to. If one is getting more leaving one still wanting then dominance issues will arise. I found for me and Zak-n-Wheezie that hand offering the bugs equally worked best. One may still eat more than the other but I offer and allow them to turn it down each time I offer to the other head. I don't know this maybe the way you work with all your 2-headed creatures??? :dontknow: ...but if not just wanted to point that out. As I found or should I say, "I truly believe that is why Zak-n-Wheezie don't have a dominate head and have gotten along for so long so well."

I giggled when I read the article where it spoke of the stuggle of one wanting to go nap and the other not. This will be a constant battle with them. :lol: And when it comes time for brumation....well don't be surprised if they aren't on the same time clock. :) Zak-n-Wheezie for their first 2 brumations have been a week off from each other.

One story an I'll try to keep it short.
When the boys were just weeks old I noticed one day that Wheezie wasn't as bright eyed looked kind of down or depressed. I thought about it and wondered if it couldn't be because Zak's name I always called out first???? :idea: So I decided to experiment and for a few days called out Wheezie's name first and the behaviours reversed. Hmmm....So now I refer to them as Zak-n-Wheezie, but they are spoken to individually sometimes starting with one name and the next the other. We have never seen that behaviour since. :)

Look forward in seeing more of all your amazing creatures. :)

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
What beautiful babies! Thanks for sharing them with us. I hope you'll let us see them grow (hint: lots of pictures!).

Indeed with the 2 following posts. I hope my "amazing" comment didn't offend the topic poster. I meant amazing in a good way. Actually I used to own a boy kitty with distortioned eyes. Really sad. He died in 4 days :'( but I'm really praying that your Beardies make it! :wink:

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Hello Ray,

Welcome and good luck with your two little beauties! :D I hope Pancho and Lefty can mature and live as well as Zak n' Wheezie have. These are truly special dragons, and Wheezie and Zak are very dear to so many of us here. :love5: :love5: They are so individual, definitely not the same lizards, despite the circumstances of their birth, and Barbara's loving care and her work to prevent dominance issues is one of the keys to their survival. :notworthy: Have you noticed this as an issue with Lefty and Pancho yet, or with any of your other animals? The ways they learn to coordinate and compromise (or not!) is one of the fascinating aspects of their story, and I hope you will keep us posted on the adventures of your highly unusual family! :wave:

In peace,
MaryAnn

Freakshow

Original Poster
Well, the boys have not been drinking for 3 days now. I've misted them and even gave them a bath/soak (the original owner said they can absorb the water). Should I be concerned? They are eating well and are active. Thanks for any advice<>Todd

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Hi Todd,

Do they eat salad well also? If they are eating salad and you're bathing then a few days of not drinking will be fine. Yes they do absorb moisture through their vents, but they still need oral hydration too. If they do eat their salad good try misting it before they eat this will help get more water in them. :wink:

Keep an eye on their urates if they become hard they are not getting enough hydration.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Also I myself prefer to bath/soak them rather than misting. If you mist in the enclosure it could raise the humidity. If you do this on a regular basis they could easily come down with a URI.

It's good to hear they are nice and active and eating well for you.

Freakshow

Original Poster
The boys are still eating and looking healthy but not really drinking. Their poops have been moist and they do not look dehydrated. They have been eating some greens...not as much the last two days. Any other ways to insure they are hydrated? Thanks again for everyone's help.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Making sure your bugs are well hydrated, misting veggies, bathing/soaking, dripping water off of nose all these will be okay. As long as urates stay white and not hard all is good. :wink:

Thanks for the update. :D

Freakshow

Original Poster
The boys did not eat today......should I be concerned? Is it ok to try to give them baby food (squash, etc)? A friend of mine did this with his little ones. He would put the baby food on the tip of their mouths so they would lick it in. They also seem to mainly want waxworms. Thanks again for any advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beardies4life
Top Bottom