Toy Bearded Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I already thought of using rice in some. I was considering terrycloth for them. Sorry Kirby- I don't think rice could get through customs for you. How about Canada- will the rice pass customs there? I plan for my standard to be basicly life size- an 8-9 inch body with tail about the same. Rice dragons will be a bit larger for warm snuggling. I will make special order large size, I guess.

Kym- Since you are the OP, yours will be before Kirby. Sorry, Kirby, but it's only fair. So, What color do you think your son would like. Keep in mind I may not get this to you before Christmas. We are a busy family this time of year.
Thanks for the interest. Wow, I guess I should get busy! :blob8:

Sandy H

kvierthaler

Original Poster
If you can do it in any color then I would say, either something realistic or green, he loves green. My son will be so thrilled...maybe it will even replace the tattered t-rex he currently cuddles at night :)

No problem about the date, I am just thrilled to be getting him one.

And congrats on 25 years!!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Kym- Sorry, it does'nt work that way. He will add the beardie to his current favorite and you will have two to keep up with. Voice of experience here. Mine would carry a dozen with them, but I limit it to two. It's easier that way. Of course their beds look like a zoo, But that just keeps 'em warm at night. :lol:

Kirby- be patient, I think I have the head worked out. My free time is limited this week. I hope to show you a finished one this weekend.

The plastic toy comes in a chocolate egg. I haven't seen those since I was in Germany! Over there they are called Kinder-eir. (think I spelled that right) It means childrens egg. I still have a box of the toys somewhere. I had seen the Japanese versiom before, bot not the beardie. Thats cute but tiny.

Sandy H

kirby

Extreme Poster
its 'kinder-suprise' here... literally 'kinder' 'kindergarten' 'suprise' lol little kid suprise.

my head was to nubby, it looked like a toad. lol.. MAKE IT POINTY.. triangular.. lol.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Kirby- The trick to the head is the number of pieces you use. It will prob take 3 or 4. I'm trying a partial gape right now. Cant quite get it right. Looked good on paper. The head should be sewn seperate from the body. Tail and legs added seperate too. My back legs are great! I am using the legs from a frog pattern, but seperaing the toes. Turn them forward and TADA, dragon legs. :lol: I need to go Sat and get the right material. It is a bit of a drive. I'll get a good proto type done soon though. If the mouth co-operates. Wish me luck.

Sandy H

kirby

Extreme Poster
i did the top triangle, and the bottom beard pouch, and side peices, it worked, although my snout was too short. next time, ill be doing seperate peices for the top of the head, eg the layers toward the back of the head, and spine rows..

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
So what are you useing for spikes? I'm baffled as to how to do them. I was thinking little triangles of cloth for the sides, but it would be too time comsuming to make as many of them as I would like. I was thinking maybe a row of fringe, but that doesn't seem right either. :dontknow:

So, Kirby, have you been sewing long? Or is this a new venture in learning? I'm kinda in the middle. I have enough skill to learn, I think. :lol:

Sandy H

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
ive been silently watching this thread because i would love an LG stuffed animal!

i didnt have any ideas to contribute until i saw this:

by protiemama on Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:02 pm

So what are you useing for spikes? I'm baffled as to how to do them.

for the side spikes, why not use those scissors with different patterened cuts;

lcfz_z1.jpg

you could cut the material with a slight curve to match their belly. just an idea that popped into my head when i heard "little triangles of cloth".

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
It's a thought... If I use a slightly stiffer piece of material....hmmmm. Now I gotta get some pinking shears. Hope wal mart still sells those. They no longer sell material around here. Waaaa.

Sandy H

kirby

Extreme Poster
sewed when i was a kid at grandma's house... i think its a pretty good skill, i can hand sew, and work a machine.. :D

our vintage slave worker machine has been broken, so i had to resort to hand sewing.. if i had a machine, i would make it larger then life, then, i think it woul work. working with small legs etc, wasnt a good idea.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Kirby- try making the top of the head with one piece of material sewing a pin tuck seam to make the top triangle. Sorry I can't find my camera. I think Daniel must have been "using" it last. :lol:

OK- so iwent looking for material yesterday, (now there's a story in it's self!) Anyway, the girl at Hancock's said she and a friend had gotten a stuffed beardie at Cracker Barrel two or three yeard ago. I thought about that and I remember seeing them. I remember the spikes on his sides and everything. We both thought it was made by Ty.
So, today I have spent my morning online searching all the Ty sites.(we are all too sick for anything else anyway)
I couldn't find anything. Finally I located a (supposed) complete list of all the beanies, ever. NO BEARDIE! :banghead: All that time wasted for nothing. Arrrrgh! I know someone made them, two or three years ago. I know Cracker Barrel sold them. What I don't know is how to find out who did it and where to find one now. Wish I had gotten the girls name, I'd call Hancock and ask her to check the tag for manufacturer. Does anyone here remember seeing stuffed beardies at Cracker Barrel two+ years ago? If I'm nuts I do have company. :lol: That is some comfort.

Sandy H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom