Toy Bearded Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa is bringing my son a pair of Bearded Dragons, which I think are probably more for my husband than my son :D

But anyway, I am trying to find a toy beardie so that my son has one he can haul all over the place, show people, sleep with, etc. I can't find anything online. I did see the sculptures listed in the for sale discussion and am looking into those, but I would also like something soft, or at least plastic. Does anyone know of somewhere I can find something like this? My son is a stickler for details, they have to be "just right".

Thanks in advance!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
If you find one let me know! :lol: I have been looking for months. You know I just thought of another place to look. Smithsonian has a line of very life like stuffies. If anyone would have one they would. I'll check their site first chance I get. Discovery channel also has a store. I wonder if they have something. Thanks for asking and getting my brain working again.

Welcome to the site. Read up on care and enclosures ahead of time and you will have a happy beardie family. My kids love ours.

Sandy H

kvierthaler

Original Poster
Thanks, they do have some great books at his level.
I'll check out the Smithsonian and Discovery and let you know if I find anything too!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I'm on the lookout for a stuffed lizard knitting pattern.. I am hoping that I can modify one good enough to make it look like a beardie!

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
I think it would be cool if the people who did the sculptures would make one that could be used to make a mold to be used to make them out of plastic or rubber/silicone. I know someone who could do it in smaller quantities if we had something to copy. I hate to say this now, but when my bd's pass, hopefully in 12 to 15 years, I planned on having them stuffed.

kirby

Extreme Poster
speaking from experience,

try only getting ONE dragon. they are solitary and unless you have two seperate setups your going to run into trouble, they stress with cage mates, lower immune systems, grow slower, have less apetite and absorbtion, they can and regularly do fight, show dominance and even kill cage mates.

as for the toy dragon, search google.com.au and as i beleive their is some Aussie company that makes reptile sculptures, and does some beardie ones.... would be uncomfortable to sleep with..

kirby

Extreme Poster
13_26.jpg

13_25.jpg

13_24.jpg

http://www.ultimatereptiles.com.au/index.php

in the GIFT section..

A plush beardie would be great! I'm a sucker for stuffies. I have hedgehogs, alligators, cats, turtles, fish, frogs and even a vulture stuffie. This is one of those times I wish I could sew beyond replacing buttons and fixing socks!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Ok, guys, I looked at the one done by weirdbug lady and asked her for a pattern to use. She did it from scratch, no pattern. AND has sold the original. Sooo, I'll try to work up a pattern and see how hard they are to sew. What size would be prefered- Beanie Baby size, 12" or 24". I don't think I'd like to go any larger. Anyone have a material preference? Flannel stretches and felt can't be washed. There are some neat textured materials out there and of course there's always fake fur. :lol: Always wanted a furry dragon. :D

Kirby- Those were lovely statues, but the kids want something soft and cuddly. Can you find something plush for us down there? That would be better than MY sewing. :lol:

Sandy H

kirby

Extreme Poster
oh my god, i wanna make a plush beardie... but like HUGE...

thats my next artsy plan. you should see the previous ones ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom