Toy Bearded Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvierthaler

Original Poster
Wow!
You guys are wonderful :)
I'll have to check out some of the suggestions and if you really are going to create one sign me up! Personally either size would be great, but I would prefer something washable.

We have a huge tank so my husband was thinking that Santa could bring a pair. However, he had a single one in the past. So we don't know much about raising two together. Does it cause problems to have a pair? Please let me know all of your opinions on this as we aren't going to buy until closer to the holidays...my sister-in-law is not too keen on lizard-sitting for us!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi.
I personally would not recommend 2 beardies together. Some people have had success with housing 2 females together. If you get 2 males, they will more than likely fight. If you get a male and female, the male could overbreed and stress the female.
And there is no guarantee that 2 females will not fight.
The fighting could start at any age too. One of my beardies is missing one of his legs. One of his clutchmates bit it off when they were about 4 weeks old.

kirby

Extreme Poster
as i said before, if santa wants to bring two dragons, he needs to fit two enclosures on his sleige. (sp?)

they are solitary animals.

protiemama":c5741 said:
What size would be prefered- Beanie Baby size, 12" or 24". I don't think I'd like to go any larger. Anyone have a material preference? Flannel stretches and felt can't be washed. There are some neat textured materials out there and of course there's always fake fur. :lol: Always wanted a furry dragon. :D
Sandy H

Sandy, what about fleece? Looks like weirdbuglady used felt, but the not being able to wash thing doesn't work well for kids.... I have sooooo many projects on my plate right now, but this is such a good idea... The one weirdbuglady made was awesome! If I get a minute I'll try to work up a pattern too... Dominic would love one! Ya know, my hubby works with leather... once we get a good pattern, I'm sure I could make one out of leather for the adult slaves!

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Ooooo, leather would look so cool! :D I don't have the proper tools for leather work. Fleece would make a nice furry dragon and that is probably be what my kids want. There is a material that is textured much like a dragons skin, don't know what it is called. I have to drive quite a distance to a fabric strore. I will try to get some Sat. and post a pict. The kids are each in a Thanksgiving play this week. I have to make an indian costume and a Yoda (for Daniel). I know, but it works, really. :lol: So my plushie will prob have to wait a bit.
I love having a new project. :blob8: :blob8:

Sandy H

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
What size do you want Kirby? Katherine and Daniel get my first two and I plan a special dragon for one of our "special" beardie moms. :love5: But you can have one of the first "comercial" models. So , size, color and texture? Not too big, the shipping from here to you would be shocking to say the least! :shock:

Sandy H

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
protiemama":63ae7 said:
What size do you want Kirby? Katherine and Daniel get my first two and I plan a special dragon for one of our "special" beardie moms. :love5: But you can have one of the first "comercial" models. So , size, color and texture? Not too big, the shipping from here to you would be shocking to say the least! :shock:

Sandy H

Sandy,
Are you really going to make some stuffed beardies? I'd love to see them when you do, post them, won't you?

kirby

Extreme Poster
:oops: im a beardie daddy... :oops:

I'd love one !!!!

i wanna try make one, it will end up deformed... but i have some other beardie projects to attend to.. ;)

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I definatly plan to make them. If you want something done right... Or in this case done, do it yourself. So I am going to get sewing. I am tweeking a design, hope it works. I have a special design lined up for Barb. :silent: Shhhh. I really hope that one works. In honor of Katherine, I'll call the line "Purple Protoceratops Plushies". :D Proties are her favorite dino's, hence my name- protiemama. Can I sell them on site? Do I have to go through the BD.org store? I don't plan to do this on a large scale. Just to you guys basicly. I will need compensation for time and materials... I'll try to get a couple made by next week and go from there. I have loads of spare time you know. :laughhard:

Sandy H

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I'll get it together as soon as I can. Right now the pieces are not even pinned together. Also I don't know how to get the picts from camera to hard drive. I CAN get them into photobucket and online though. I am not totally techno handicapped. :lol: I have to wait til DH has a day off. And not Wed. Thats our 25th annerversary. I don't plan to work on stuffies then. Sorry. :D

Sandy H

Eadig

Juvie Member
I want one too!

I would pay for a 28" beardie for Neso to Sleep on, I think that would be cute.

My sister In-Law Knitted Neso a Cap for Winter, I'm going to put those up in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom