Touching my beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone :blob5:

I was recently told that I should not handle my dragon for at least a week after he has shed, as his skin is 'sore'. Fact or Fiction?! :?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hehe absolute nonesense that one ^_^
Your dragon sheds his old skin when he has a fully hardened fully functional scales underneath. If they shed their skin to reveal tender scales underneathe in the wild they would most likely be unable to hunt or bask.

This might have come from a muddled message about handling dragons WHILST they are shedding.
Some dragons become very irratable when they are mid-shed due to the itchiness of it and do not like to be handled. Ruben loathes being touched or bathed whilst he is in shed and is generally a grump.

Holly

rEdhEadgiRly

Original Poster
Thanks Holly :D It's great being able to come to this site and know you are getting expert advice!

:blob8: I love BD.org :blob8:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
Lexia is sheading atm shes loving all the attention she can get. She likes to get petted she will use you to help rub some of it off. They others eekkk i just leave them alone just the baths and thats pretty much it. Cause they get grumpy :angry5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom