Tiles vs. ReptiCarpet

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarrianna

They both sound alright for a substrate.Which is better?Any past experience and such with either or both post here please!

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
ive tried outdoor carpeting, its similar to repticarpet but more durable. its ok, it looks nice and everything but its not so easy to get all the poo off. eventually its going to start smelling pretty bad.

tile is great. i have that in all 3 of my vivs and it works out wonderfully. it looks impressive if you can fit it together in a nice way. clean up is a breeze too: simply take the tile out and scrape off the poo. then, use an old sponge(my old sponges become reptile sponges :roll: ) to scrub whatever is left over. if you scrub with antibacterial soap and hot water, the tiles will come out looking and smelling just like new.

here are some pics of both outdoor carpet and tile/stone:

T.jpg

t1.jpg

t3.jpg

BR1.jpg

BR4.jpg

BG1.jpg

big5.jpg

LGtile6.jpg

100_4729.jpg

sorry for the pic overload, i just figured some different views of tiled and carpeted vivs would help you decide which one you might like to try.

id say try 1/2 and 1/2. i think its always good to have a couple different floorings in a BD viv, it gives them the option to lay on something with different texture and heat retention properties.

bdchip

tile is good and easy to clean, i would say its overall better and looks nice.
repti carpet is a pain to clean and after a while it get all fringy and loose hairs stick up.

another thing that i use is shelf liner. i got it from wal-mart for 5 bucks for a huge roll its very nice cheap and easy to clean. however do not get white because dragons poo stains it so bad. i spot clean so when my dragon poos then i pick it up right away and it still stains it. every weekend i also scrub it with a brush and a reptile cleaner still doesnt come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom