Thor's Thread 03-14-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some may know my little Thor is growing well. More then doubled in size since I got him ~2 months ago. I have him on a very varied diet. He has shown a flighty, aggressive attitude toward me in the past and the more I have been hand feeding him he has been coming around more and more. Progress! He is in a 40 gallon breeder enclosure, 24 inch Reptisun 10.0 (2/3 enclosure length) Has a piece of decor I got from a local pet shop, the piece was broken (which I fixed) so I got it for half price :wink: This decor allows him to get 6 inches from his UV source and ~6 inches from his primary basking light. His basking temperature is ~107-111°F. He is provided a daily salad which he does eat. Dusting per a preferred dusting schedule. Only RepCal supplements used. Has a low profile large diameter water dish. Reptile carpet substrate a hammock and a vine used to help get up his basking decor. The basking decor doubles for shade, UV cover. Thor is bathed 2 times a week.

Typical daily diet - ~50-70 1/4 crickets, 15-20 small silkworms, ~2-5 small butterworms, 1-4 small hornworms. He gets an occasional wax worm when I have them has had reptiworms in the past. Thor has yet to deny any feeder offered.

I will get pictures up on this thread of him soon. I will leave this with a question... anything I can improve on?

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Beardednoob":vl4ytttv said:
Suz, where is Dammeron Valley, UT?
Far from Magna?
It's about 15 miles north and a bit west of St. George. It's really lovely here, very rural. Are you in Magna?

Suz

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thor's time line in pictures
06-18-11
SAM_1627.jpg

07-03-11
SAM_1655.jpg

07-25-11
SAM_1749.jpg

08-02-11
SAM_1811.jpg

08-12-11
SAM_1848.jpg

08-28-11
SAM_2028.jpg

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Duh. Obviously, his body is jealous of its tail and is trying to outdo it :mrgreen:

Yea, :shock: Wow.

Pretty...........kewl!

~Sherri

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Oh, yes, a handsome guy!

Look at the muscles in that front leg!! OK, *arm* LOL
It is so funny to me how we sometimes call them arms but are really front legs...humanizing them :mrgreen:

~Sherri

suzjohnson

Sub-Adult Member
Sherri":y9sx9p2d said:
Oh, yes, a handsome guy!

Look at the muscles in that front leg!! OK, *arm* LOL
It is so funny to me how we sometimes call them arms but are really front legs...humanizing them :mrgreen:

~Sherri
Talking with a friend this afternoon I referred to Rufus' front foot as his hand. :roll: Corrected myself and went on but had the same thought that you express. Well, they really do look like hands!! And he has feet too :D

Suz

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thor shed his legs today to show off some more yellow. I am really confused what his colors are going to be as an adult. possibly a mutt? :lol:
Maybe someone else has an idea of that? Help me out?
Anyways, he is still gaining weight but, seems to have stopped at 14.25inches as of late.
SAM_2052.jpg

106grams :wink:
SAM_2055.jpg

SAM_2054.jpg

SAM_2056.jpg

SAM_2053.jpg

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
reddragon087":1leswhd1 said:
What type is your beardie? Loki looks just like yours as a baby and I'm trying to figure out what morph she could possibly be.
I have no idea LOL

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
He is looking absolutely amazing! I'm super excited to see what he's going to look like after he sheds again. I'm so jealous right now.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
McSkweeky":2qip2zl0 said:
He is looking absolutely amazing! I'm super excited to see what he's going to look like after he sheds again. I'm so jealous right now.
No, Dres is an awesome dragon, you wait and see when he is done with his meds. :wink:
I am also very curious though, what color is Thor? LOL is he red? yellow? both wth? I am going to put money on mutt atm :lol:

McSkweeky

Juvie Member
I love Dres, and I love that he likes to cuddle. I wouldn't trade him for the world. Doesn't mean I have healthy eater beardie envy ;)

I'm leaning more towards yellow. He has the orange on his back, but it's more yellow around his ears, eyes, and legs. Who knows though. He could surprise us all!

I'm still trying to figure out what Dres is going to look like. I've tried contacting his breeder to get pics of his parents but no luck. He's a Rich Beasley dragon, so looking at his breeders I'm going to go with orange/red maybe yellow. He's got the starts of lavender side bars too which would be neat if they stay.

http://www.richbeasley.com/index.ph...album&id=1:breeder-bearded-dragons&Itemid= 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NeenaD11
Top Bottom