Thor's Thread 03-14-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some may know my little Thor is growing well. More then doubled in size since I got him ~2 months ago. I have him on a very varied diet. He has shown a flighty, aggressive attitude toward me in the past and the more I have been hand feeding him he has been coming around more and more. Progress! He is in a 40 gallon breeder enclosure, 24 inch Reptisun 10.0 (2/3 enclosure length) Has a piece of decor I got from a local pet shop, the piece was broken (which I fixed) so I got it for half price :wink: This decor allows him to get 6 inches from his UV source and ~6 inches from his primary basking light. His basking temperature is ~107-111°F. He is provided a daily salad which he does eat. Dusting per a preferred dusting schedule. Only RepCal supplements used. Has a low profile large diameter water dish. Reptile carpet substrate a hammock and a vine used to help get up his basking decor. The basking decor doubles for shade, UV cover. Thor is bathed 2 times a week.

Typical daily diet - ~50-70 1/4 crickets, 15-20 small silkworms, ~2-5 small butterworms, 1-4 small hornworms. He gets an occasional wax worm when I have them has had reptiworms in the past. Thor has yet to deny any feeder offered.

I will get pictures up on this thread of him soon. I will leave this with a question... anything I can improve on?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Some pictures I just took of Thor.
Tomorrow I am going to count exactly what gets fed in his feedings, I am curious as the exact numbers. :wink:
SAM_2004.jpg

Pose good for the camera 8)
SAM_2006.jpg

SPIKES! His spikes are getting bigger :shock:
SAM_2008.jpg

SAM_2009.jpg

:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:
:mrgreen:

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Well now! He is becoming a real live dragon now! Spikes and all :D Way to go Thor!

Oh, p.s. Michael....*caddy shack* LOLOLOL.....

~Sherri

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I got a video of dinner, it consists of ~20-25 crickets, 4 small hornworms, 5 small butterworms and 15 reptiworms. :wink:

Working on the edit and upload now. Please stand by 8)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Holy crap!! Look at that belly.

I must say though Michael, it brought a big smile to my face to see him eating. I think seeing a dragon eat is taken for granted by a lot of people, until your dragon isn't eating. Never take a dragon eating as nothing short of a blessing!

-Brandon

MissT

BD.org Addict
Michael, I felt very guilty for not commenting on Thor's awesomeness :oops:

claudiusx":33nl5oo4 said:
Holy crap!! Look at that belly.

I must say though Michael, it brought a big smile to my face to see him eating. I think seeing a dragon eat is taken for granted by a lot of people, until your dragon isn't eating. Never take a dragon eating as nothing short of a blessing!

-Brandon

HAHA - I love his belly!!! And that tail is just awesome!!! In fact, Thor is awesome.... I want to go and get a baby beardie now - I have a baby viv - I could get one today lol!

A dragon eating is a very precious gift - noone should ever take it for granted!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Thank you everyone for staying up and commenting on Thor's thread we appreciate it. :wink:

Thor's attitude has been turning for the better more and more each day. This evening I was able to pick him up while he was asleep, he didn't struggle of try to rip my fingers off, in fact he didn't want to let my hand go as I tried to place him back. :p

Isn't his tail epic? LOL he last measured at 13.5 inches and 8 of those inches is his tail! :shock:

Don't do it MissT, unless you have an extra 60$ a week burning a hole in your pocket. (IDK how much that is in EU) :study:

MissT

BD.org Addict
It definitely is a fabulous tail!

That is roughly £40 which I do not have LOL - I have dubias tho - if I can convince someone to give me a free baby beardie tho, I would be sorted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom