This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I can see it for sure, it's sticking out quite far. Hopefully it's nothing. I haven't tried salt gargles but will. I was hoping today it would be smaller but it really doesn't look like it.

I think it's just the gum because I feel no pain at all in the tooth or anything. But the stinker still hasn't called me back. I'll call again in an hour or so and ask. I just hate waiting, was expecting a call back in like 10 minutes...

Gah I couldn't wait so I called again... This morning they told me they are only seeing patients right now on mondays and thursdays, but when I called right now the dr said they are updating software and would like me to come in later today once they are done so they can x-ray the area :( Looks like I'm going :(

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":1v6las7g said:
I can see it for sure, it's sticking out quite far. Hopefully it's nothing. I haven't tried salt gargles but will. I was hoping today it would be smaller but it really doesn't look like it.

I think it's just the gum because I feel no pain at all in the tooth or anything. But the stinker still hasn't called me back. I'll call again in an hour or so and ask. I just hate waiting, was expecting a call back in like 10 minutes...

Gah I couldn't wait so I called again... This morning they told me they are only seeing patients right now on mondays and thursdays, but when I called right now the dr said they are updating software and would like me to come in later today once they are done so they can x-ray the area :( Looks like I'm going :(

-Brandon
I'm hoping it's just something that needs to heal. ?
Stay safe and take all precautions.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Grabbed a handful of fresh dandelion greens and 3 flowers. Made Petey a dandelion salad with a little summer squash. He's chowing down. ? Ate half a dandelion flower from my fingers plus a piece of squash. Now he's at his salad dish munching. ?He gets a bite of the greens with the squash. Hoping he developes a taste for dandelion, my yard is covered and they grow year round. For now I'm just glad to have a 'fresh' green. ? I'd feel better if I knew he'd eat them without hesitation. Don't plan to use them as a staple but no telling what's gonna happen in the next few weeks/months. ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well Dee, the dentist probably couldn't have gone any worse. Imagine worst case scenario, and that's probably close to right!

:| :cry:

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":yb0wm9k0 said:
Well Dee, the dentist probably couldn't have gone any worse. Imagine worst case scenario, and that's probably close to right!

:| :cry:

-Brandon
What about the issue? Gonna be ok?
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Oh shoot Brandon. Get that x-ray. Take a shower when you get home from any going out you do. I've been there with salt gargles and a problem tooth issue. Salt gargles sound odd but aren't that bad honestly.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
When I think worst case scenario I think abscess with osteomyelitis in the mandible. I hope it's not that bad

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well when I thought about it, it could have been worse.

I went in hoping he was just gonna find a popcorn shell and pull it out. Instead, he finds a "massive infection" and a very large and deep pocket. And it shows its down at the root of my tooth and into the bone already. He states it has had to been like this for awhile, and he can't believe i'm not in pain.

Well, I'm not in pain, and I only let it go 2 days after noticing a bump before seeing him.

Tooth needs to be pulled according to him, even though its very strongly attached still and showing no signs of movement.

So that would require oral surgery. But, because of the pandemic, they aren't allowed to do anything besides emergency surgery. Tooth pulling is considered emergency, but putting in an implant isnt. Since I would need an implant after the tooth was pulled, Instead I have to have this "flapper" made for me which is basically a denture with 1 tooth on it to hold the place. That cost 300 dollars. Then once the tooth is pulled I have to wear that, which the dentist said is honestly quite annoying. People don't typically wear it for a long time because they get their implant soon. Who knows how long I will have to wait to get one.

And then when this is all over, I will need to go back to surgery to get the implant put in place.

So I went from thinking I scraped my gum or got a shell stuck in it, to being told I need 2 surgeries and that my tooth that isn't in any pain and is perfectly strong in the jaw still needs to come out.

Sorry Dee I didn't mean to hijack your thread!

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I hope Dee doesn't mind. That is literally what you meant by worst case scenario. Exactly the same thing happened to me. I didn't get an implant because it's not noticeable when I smile. Kinda similar where there was no pain until swelling came on overnight and then it hurt something bad.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
No prob.
That's just crazy. ?
I had a similar issue many years ago, they opened the gum, cleaned it out, added medication inside, closed it up, added a crown and put me on antibiotics and it was gone in a week while saving the tooth. Mine was a deep abscess caused by a cracked tooth. I guess that was the old school way of fixing it. Now days, they remove a healthy tooth and put in an implant. Personally I'd insist on saving the tooth. But that's just me. ? That was 35 yrs ago and the crown is still there. ?
Denistry has changed so much in the last generation. The whole purpose behind seeing a dentist was to keep your healthy teeth, no matter what it took. Removing one was a last resort and only if it couldn't be fixed and salvaged. I guess it's more lucrative to put in implants. I think I'd def get a 2nd opinion before agreeing to it.
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah I kind of feel that this dentist is more in it for the money, simply because he doesn't get as much volume of patients as other dentists. I can always get in usually the very day I call. Which is odd around here.
However, he makes me feel comfortable, and thats the big thing for me. I just don't know if I trust his intentions completely.

Sure, it's not WRONG to suggest pulling a tooth and getting an implant. But neither is suggesting all my teeth get pulled and I put in all fake teeth so I don't have to worry about it.. lol.

I think I've decided I'm going to just ride this one out. If swelling or pain comes back after the meds, I will see him again, and probably go with having the tooth pulled. Although I'm not sure if I will want to do the implant. It's the second to last tooth in the back, so it's not visible, but IDK how much it would affect my chewing on that side.

Oh well.

Glad to hear that your tooth has been good for so long Dee. I had a crown put in last year, hope it lasts as long as yours haha.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I had 3 crowns done at the same time, early 80's. Had 1 fall out and broke the post about 6 yrs ago, had no $$ for a new one. Had the 2nd removed about 3 yrs ago, it had to be re-cemented a couple times in the last 10 yrs and had started to decay underneath. Wanted the last one removed too but dentist said it's secure and not causing an issue. They are supposed to be need replacing like every 10 yrs or so, as I understand but this one is still hanging in there. Had a great dentist when they last 25-30+ yrs for sure. Right now I have a small cavity to be fixed and whats left of a crowned tooth 'base' to be removed. Then going in for partials. That was planned for this year. We'll see.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wow! ? Just noticed Petey's lips are shedding. Lol! I saw him scratching his face on his hammock a couple days ago, first time I've seen that. Can see loose scale shed now. ?

106785-6494307439.jpg

106785-6884977603.jpg

106785-8550401171.jpg

Hope you can see it. Phone camera sux. Lol. ?

-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Petey has some shed on his...whiskers? Sideburns? ? Maybe he is gonna shed a bit. Need to give him a warm bath and weigh and measure soon. ?
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Shedding sideburns, very nice. Devlyn also will shed just the lips at one point. It is so neat how dragons shed in sections and each dragon has their own way they do their shedding. I wonder if they have control over what sheds and when. That would be neat, but there is no evidence for that, I just like to imagine it's a fashion choice for which scales fall off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bre2236
Top Bottom