This Idea just wont leave Me alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

athenacp

Extreme Poster
TheWolfmanTom":a6afd said:
I really have NO desire to set this up in philadelphia. IF i stay in pa it would be outside the city but i really dont know where to put it...lol

Oh ok, I misunderstood then :oops: , I thought Philly...phew, good move not to, lol! Well, I let the other folk answer then, we just moved to Blue Bell not too long ago, and we hope to move futher into PA soon.

Good luck!

munchkins9802

Gray-bearded Member
Tom Please stay within 1.5 hrs of Philadelphia--I believe you are currently 25 mins from me. If my pooper lasts tthat long with his issues, I would definitely come travel that distance to get supplies and even feeders from you!! And yes I would pay extra knowing that they come from someone with REAL knolwedge about beardies.
(and you are on my list to get our next beardie when it is time so you cant move too far from where you are now!)

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
you should do it, its a great idea and im sure will make alot of money too :p

go for it and see what happens!!

good luck!

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
OK this isnt an update so much as a statement of intent.
I shelved the idea to get thru the holidays. I keep coming back to it.
Im starting to gather the info I need to make it happen. Im going to check into small business grants, locations, and the million things im just not thinking about...lol
1 to 2 years is the new plan. sooner if I can find the right funding.
God hates a coward.
So its time to storm the beach.
Houston We have ignition!!

beardieluv

Sub-Adult Member
You could come to va. Not to far from where you are are now and it's right in the middle of the east coast. There is only on "mom and pop" store near me in virginia beach that i know of and they aren't much to brag about. And the hampton roads area is full of people, you'd probably make a decent penny down here :)

I really think the biggest thing next to location is your form of advertisement. Word of mouth is great after a while but you have to get the words in the peoples mouth first. The most important thing you can possibly do is have a BIG grand openining and I would definately consider advertising a few months ahead of time to build up some sort of hype or excitement for enthusiast. When you do have your grand opening I would put together something similar to an expo at a show or something and have small seminars for the more popular pets being sold. So then when people who just come to see what going on can get an idea of how much and how-to take care of the animals in a proper way. I would definately consider having your most docile herps on display and offer people (after they've properly sanatised((sp?)) themselves) the chance to handle one.

I could keep going on but im just rambling at this point, but its my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom